Friday, March 13, 2009

Thailand 4 (Phi Phi Islands)

Phi Phi Ley? The smaller of the two famous islands.

Very popular with the tourists
Maya Bay (where the movie "the Beach" was filmed)
More Maya bay
It was very crowded here but the water was absolutely gorgeous.
Some cliffs around the bay
Pretty steep...
Entering Maya bay
I was getting sunburned about now...


Picture time!
The Phi Phi islands in the distance
Kind of random... one night in Patong, Cliff and I got ice cream and I got the specialty of the season - "Forever Mango!" It was really good and really... interesting. Mango ice cream served over the traditional sweet rice ( a typical Thai desert is fresh mango and sticky rice,) but this was also served with... a sweet and salty-ish cream? I wasn't really sure what to do with it so I poured a little bit over everything. It was... good I think? Yeah it was good. The little candy on the top, however, not so good. I thought it was going to be sweet or maybe even a little sour like a gum ball or something - WRONG! I actually spit it out into my napkin. I was so embarassed but I couldn't stand having it in my mouth another second. It tasted and felt sort of like... potato. I kept trying to describe it to Cliff. He actually got to try one for himself later on in the week and he agreed... potato. Not what I was expecting with my ice cream!
Cliff always takes the sure and safe way with deserts. He got a Snickers sundae. Also very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you wrote "Some cliffs around the bay," I was hoping you would show a picture of Cliff in the water. Sigh. I am a nerd.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails