
The beginning of the tour! We were the only Americans. Our group consisted of mostly French couples in their 60's or older, and then there was a Canadian family, an Italian mother and daughter (who were super nice - we'll be keeping in touch,) and a Chinese couple. The older French men were so nice to help me out of the boats and such. They and their wives all thought it was adorable that I was pregnant.

First closer views of some of the 100 + islands in the bay

More islands

Islands....

Some of the calcium structures and stalactites on the islands.

Isn't that cool?

There were caves in a lot of the islands. Sometimes people are able to canoe through them when the water levels are just right.


More islands

Our guide told us that the water is this particular shade of green in this area because of the rocks below.



Approaching the famed location of the film "the Man with the Golden Gun."

Split or cracked rock from an earth quake

I started to melt right about now. It was SOOOO hot that day.

"James Bond Rock" (the Thai people call it something different, of course.)

In the bay

Cliff being Japanese

Sweaty us

Look at that belly!


Panyi? Village. This is a Muslim village out on the water supported on wooden poles.

We stopped for lunch here and a little exploring.

The restaurant we ate at.

This little village is entirely self-sufficient. It depends a lot on the nearby mangrove forest for fishing.

Leaving the area for Lawa Island.

More islands.

Pirate ship?

On Lawa Island. It was so hot here. The water didn't even cool us off.
2 comments:
Cool! Really, I am soooo jealous. Were there translators on the boat for the various languages represented by the passengers?
Oh, and how was the Pad Thai? Maybe I should just give you guys a call... Maybe tomorrow, though... I am tired right now.
Looks like you had a TON of fun! And I LOVE your belly!!!
Post a Comment