Friday, March 13, 2009

Thailand 2 (a little of this and a little of that)

Cliff all smiley on "Magical Middle East" night. One of the restaurants at the Hilton had a themed buffet each night. We knew we HAD to hit this one up as it is incredibly difficult to find middle eastern cuisine in Japan.
Some of the decorations.
I know this is a little backwards, but here are some of the deserts. There were soooo many to choose from that Cliff and I just filled out plates with a little of each and shared everything. You can see the rose water rice pudding in this picture.
They had to have baklava of course, but there were so many other interesting pastries as well! I couldn't begin to try and name them all for you. My mother would have been in heaven. I know I was!!
More deliciousness.
Ok, here is what I actually ate - and when they said "Middle East," they used the term very broadly... There was pita and hummus and tabbouleh, and stuffed grape leaves, and chicken tikka masala (Indian) and kebabs, and falafel, and safron rice, and raitas and chutneys, etc. It was absolutely HEAVENLY!!! We didn't often break from Thai cuisine, but this night was soooo worth it.
There's a happy Cliff :)
Me in fron of one of the pools.
Ah, the beach. This is Karon beach right in front of our hotel. That is the Andaman Sea. Cliff and I loved just letting the waves lift us up and down. The water felt soooo good - especially on my back which has been aching with the weight of little Lilia.
Another beach shot.
Ahh!! Preggo pics!! Here's the belly at about 30 weeks!
I feel so round!! Isn't that water beautiful, though?
More pool shots.
Another pool shot.
Every morning we had a fabulous complimentary breakfast buffet of all different kinds of fruit and cheeses and breads and pastries, eggs/omelets to order, bacon, ham, waffles, pancakes, grilled fruit, fresh juices, etc. They even had an Asian breakfast spread with curries and rice and soups. Pictured above is some dragon fruit. Everyone had talked this fruit up to me. I thought it had a texture similar to kiwi but not quite as much flavor. It was still good, though. I also got to try rose apples and lychee. I LOVED the orange juice in Thailand. It had such a rich orange color and it was much less acidic than our orange juice. I don't usually care for orange juice - especially being pregnant with the heartburn, but here I had a glass every morning and sometimes I would have a glass of green guava juice too. Yum!!
View from our table at breakfast.
Another view from our balcony. It was a little humid.
There that's better.... sometimes we had to let the camera lens adjust.

2 comments:

Denise said...

The food looks amazing. I'd go there just for that.

Anonymous said...

Thailand is pretty! And you look cute! I love your swimsuit. Was the water lovely and warm? I could do with a little warm about now... We've had nighttime temps around 24.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails