I still have two more months to go?? Here's the belly at about 31 weeks. In updates....
- We made it to Thailand and back with no baby so that's a big plus! I really had a blast on our vacation but I'm not sure that I would travel that far again this far along in a pregnancy. I had to get up and move around ALL of the time on the plane and I had trouble sleeping at night even in the WONDERFUL bed at the hotel. I wasn't able to go snorkeling at the reefs either for fear of scraping my stomach on the coral (it's very shallow.) We were able to do just about everything else I wanted to do, though. I still got to enjoy lots of fabulous food and fruits and SUN!
- Lilia is still a kicking machine - but there is a lot more rolling around and jabs to the ribs now.
- I have to pee all of the time. Sorry if that's TMI. It's the truth.
- I don't even want to SEE a scale now. I feel like I am eating everything in sight. Being sick the first 5 months has definitely not set me back at all in the weight gaining department! My doctor wasn't worried, though. Just me.
- Cliff and I went to a prepared child birth class together and I am officially terrified of labor. Can I just skip it? :)
- We bought our car seat and stroller! Crib is next on the list! Our options are slightly limited over here with shipping weights and allowances but if anyone has any suggestions, we would like to keep it under $200 and safety is the biggest priority. Cliff has been doing some research and we have a few models in mind, but if you mothers out there have any tips or suggestions, please share! Shopping for baby items is incredibly overwhelming to me.
4 comments:
Let Clifford pick out the crib and you just make some nice crib bumper and stuff to match. This should be fun, let Clifford do the research, he LOVES that stuff. You need to have some fun.
Love you...all three of you.
We got Ellie's crib at a garage sale for $50. Getting stuff second hand makes things much more affordable, but I don't know what you have there in Japan! Don't worry about labor. For me, I didn't think it was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It was no picnic, but I wasn't trying to kill Adam or anything. Plus, when you get to that point, you'll be so tired of being pregnant and uncomfortable and hungry and all that, you'll be ready to do anything to get that baby out!!
You look great! When we were getting ready for Kate, I was totally overwhelmed. Then, we realized that all you need to bring the baby home is a car seat and a little bassinet/ crib. You are half way there by already having the car seat. (We used a pack and play that doubled as a bassinet for the first few months.) Also, when Josh and I went to our birth class, I cried the whole way home because I was not ready for birth. You have nothing to worry about! It's definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. You will do great!
"Cliff has been doing some research..."
Those words do two things to me: 1. make me laugh, and 2. cause me fear.
I love Cliff. And I love Jill. And I love Lilia, even if I am afraid she is going to bust right through your abdomen.
Post a Comment