Today the movers came and took the last of our things. Our express move (the things we will need right away like pots and pans and .... my cds) was on Tuesday and then our home goods (furniture, etc.) was yesterday and today. I've gone through this before, the whole moving and cleaning out the apartment thing, but it was really weird today. Unlike Milton, I actually like Jacksonville and am a little sad to leave! Of course I am much more excited about our upcoming adventure, but I will miss my family a lot. I guess things are slowly starting to sink in - we're really going! There's no turning back! I'm just ready to be there at this point. I don't want to clean our apartment. I don't want to sit on a plane for 15+ hours. I just want to be there, ya know? *Snap my fingers* and VOILA! I think if I could have any super power it would be the ability to teleport. I know everyone else would rather fly or be invisible or have super strength, but with gas prices the way they are and just for the sake of TIME, wouldn't it be great to just close your eyes and wish yourself somewhere else?
Also, for the Atlanta peeps that are going to be around this weekend, we are having a cookout and my parents' house on Saturday. Come over around 5pm and stay as long as you like. We would love to see you guys! Most people are bringing a side dish or a salad. We are providing hot dogs and hamburgers. Everyone is invited, we would love to see you! :)
Just e-mail me if you have any questions or think you might like to come if you haven't already on facebook. My e-mail is jillgerbers@gmail.com.
Oh yeah! Cliff and I also got our address for Japan! It's an FPO which means Fleet Post Office....er.... we have a CA zip code! This means you can send us letters and packages for the same price that you would pay to mail things in the U.S. Sweet! The only thing is that packages must be mailed U.S. priority mail or else they won't be guaranteed or something.
This is the address if you would like to mail us *hint* *hint* :)
Cliff and Jill May
PSC 477 Box 438
FPO, AP 96306
3 comments:
Woah! It is real, not that I thought it wasn't, but you really are moving! I wish we could come to your cookout but we have other plans for sunday!
I'm so sad that you're gone!!! I'll miss you! It was fun getting to know you, I wish we'd had more time! Good luck and keep in touch! (Oh, and I'm sorry that I was sleeping when you guys stopped by, it would have been nice to say goodbye)!
Sad day that you are moving away, but I'm sure you will enjoy the "ride"(not refering to the 15 +hrs on the plane). We wish we could be ther for the BBQ since we haven't seen you guys in years and years ane with you moving that far away, it will probably be a few more years... That makes me sad! Good luck and keep us posted on your lives!
Post a Comment