Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sewing Spree

A few of the projects that I have been working on! There is a baby quilt I am making for a friend in the top left corner that has a cute Noah's Ark print, a couple of rag dolls that I sewed up in about an hour, and the summer place mats that I am working on!
Finished place mat! This is the first project that I have done ENTIRELY on my own. My mom taught me how to quilt and bind it but I actually did everything this time. (She quilted the last project after I had pieced everything together.) I know the quilting design in very simple but I am really excited that I didn't need any help!
Here is what the back looks like. The fabrics were coordinating.
My little dolls! Very mod, right?

I am really excited about sewing when I get to Japan. Apparently quilting is a big deal over there! I'm really grateful to my mom for this past weekend's tutorial. She came to down to hang out with Cliff and me and taught me a lot about my machine (her old Bernina,) and fabrics, quilting, binding, patterns, and much much more. I am beginning to gain a little confidence in this new hobby and not a moment to soon! It's crazy to think that Cliff and I will only be in the States for 1 more month!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Oh!!! Oh oh oh, I am so in love with the doll!!! Was it easy?! You are the cutest, most creative being EVER!

Happy said...

How cool are you?!? What a neat and useful talent!

Jared and Katy said...

ok well I don't quilt so what you call easy quitling looks TOTALLY hard and amazing talent! And as for the dolls...I think you could sell them, they are so cute...I would buy one!

Seth, Sara, Kyla, Owen, and Hero said...

I am jealous of your many talents, you are just so good! Your dolls are adorable, are they hard to make? You might need to teach me sometime ( I am not sure when being that you will be in Japan) they remind me of my doll I had growing up, and I wnat to make one for my little girl. they are cute! can't wait to see you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails