So, as I mentioned a while ago, my mom has taught me to quilt recently. She came down to Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago to help me with some projects and give me some tips and pointers. This baby quilt that I am making for a good friend is the result of her lessons!! I finally made an entire quilt by myself!! I probably called her a bajillion times on the phone to ask her questions... but she wasn't here to help. I had to figure things out on my own!! So 3 spools of thread and a broken walking foot later... you have the finished product! I'm sorry to go on and on about this but I was afraid that after all of her lessons that I would get over to Japan and be completely lost. This "trial" run has given me more confidence. Now I feel like I can troubleshoot and solve my sewing issues without the Mama G around.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Finished!
So, as I mentioned a while ago, my mom has taught me to quilt recently. She came down to Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago to help me with some projects and give me some tips and pointers. This baby quilt that I am making for a good friend is the result of her lessons!! I finally made an entire quilt by myself!! I probably called her a bajillion times on the phone to ask her questions... but she wasn't here to help. I had to figure things out on my own!! So 3 spools of thread and a broken walking foot later... you have the finished product! I'm sorry to go on and on about this but I was afraid that after all of her lessons that I would get over to Japan and be completely lost. This "trial" run has given me more confidence. Now I feel like I can troubleshoot and solve my sewing issues without the Mama G around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That quilt is super cute. Your friend is lucky to have you around to make her a quilt!
Post a Comment