Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mama G Comes to Visit!

My mom and I
Fireworks at the beach on base. My mom and I got to eat cotton candy! I LOOOVE cotton candy but it is too sugary for Cliff so I don't get it very often. My mother was very nice to treat me to some :) The three of us had a great time. The fire works were awesome and they had a live band there that played some fun music too. We met up with Stephanie and Rob after the fire works were over and my mom demonstrated her dance moves for all of us.
Here she is at the Zoo feeding the giraffes. I think I got my love of zoos from her. I will have to post some more pictures from the zoo later. We got to see one the bull African Elephants go for a swim and it was too cool.

I always have so much fun when my mom comes to see us. Cliff does too ;) (They tease each other a lot.) She is just so goofy that you can't help but have a good time when she is around. I am going to miss all of my family when we move but I am really going to miss my mom. Although we didn't get a long very well back when I was in high school, she has become one of my best friends since I moved out of the house. Funny how that works...

She has been such a tremendous influence in my life and I will never forget how she fought for me when struggled with a brain tumor and so many other medical problems back in high school. When I fell away from the church she never gave up on me and she was there when I came back. She is sooo incredibly talented, (sewing, quilting, stained glass, gardening, cutting/dying hair, etc....) and loving. I hope that I can be as good a mother to my children one day as she has been to me.

1 comment:

Jared and Katy said...

UH! I love cotton candy and I love Mom (especially my own), but that is soo awesome that you got to spend some time together before you leave

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails