
My mom and I went to the New
Sanno hotel in Tokyo Sunday and Monday night. This was the first time Lilia was away from home over night since her stay in the hospital! I would like to say that she did great.... but.... she didn't the first night. We tried to put her in the crib that the hotel provided and she HATED it! I put her in bed with me after that. "They" tell you never to do that. Well, screw "them." We all got some sleep after that. And I didn't roll over on her.

We ate a wonderful breakfast at the hotel Monday morning and then it was off to the shrine!

We stopped by the
Koyasu drug store to visit my friend and English student Marina. She is a pharmacist there.

We got off the train at the
Harajuku station and were right at the entry to the ... other entry to the shrine. (It's a pretty long walk.)

One of the first or second
Torii gates that we pass through.


Barrels of sake?


Another gate

And another...

I'm already getting tired!! No!




I just loved these doors.

This was by far the largest shrine I have been to.



We stopped for a snack at the "snack corner" I'm not sure what this... meant... Maybe they meant...

Yummy lunch! I had cold soba and my mom had curry rice.

At the train station in Harajuku


I guess my mom liked the butt shots on this trip....

After we got back to the hotel. It had started to rain so we are a little wet... and very tired.

Part of the hotel lobby

And what do you do when you've walked all day long and are exhausted? You go swimming!!! Lilia's FIRST TIME!!!! (She doesn't fit into her 6-9 month suit she is so big)

Are we ready? You bet!!

Yay!! She loved it!! I would have gotten more pictures of her actually kicking and splashing but we didn't want to get the camera wet. I did put her on her tummy, though and she seemed to like it! I hope she grows to like the water as much as me :)

All done! Bundled up!

The pool at the hotel

And to top off a very long day, we had dinner at the Japanese restaurant at the hotel

Sushi that came with our meal

First the Mama Mia held Lilia

And then I did! We hope to make trips to the New Sanno a tradition out here!
5 comments:
What a fun time for you and your mom. I am glad that Lilia like the water. I like the water too. Maybe she takes after me :)
yay! that looks like fun. I love the all bundled up photo. Too cute!
What a great trip!! I try really hard not to be jealous of the amazing things you get to see and do. I keep telling myself that someday I'll go over there too...
I see that you have the good Baby Bjorn with the extra back support. It is SO much better than the cheaper models. We had that with Teya but then when Dallin was born, we couldn't find it!!! I bought a cheap version but could only carry him in it for like a week since he was so huge, so I broke down and bought an Ergo Baby (used off ebay). It is really really awesome and I can still carry him in it, if you ever need to upgrade due to back pain.
Anyways, sorry I always write novels-- looks like an awesome trip!!
Awww! I love how chunky she is! And those places look super cool. I will keep saying it: I cannot wait to go to Japan!
All your little trips makes me want to travel the world...and I love your haircut...is it new...so cute!
Post a Comment