Today we went to the Bon Odori festival on base. Lilia rode in her stroller facing forward today! She did great!
What a cute little chunky monkey!
Cliff's squadron. Warlords represent!


Some of the dancers
There was a great turn-out this year. Last year the festival was rained out but this year the Japanese locals and Americans turned out in full force!
Our adorable friend Mari invited us over for lunch at her home off base the other day. We had so much fun! Mari set such a beautiful table for us in her tatami room. Whenever I visit her house I always kind of wish I had chosen to live off base....
We had soba, sushi, edamame, and......
Mochi with red bean paste!!! Ahhh!!! It's taken me a year to get up the guts to try the stuff. Turns out... it's actually pretty good.
Did I mention that my mom came back out to help me and to see her grandbaby again? Well... she did.
Me and adorable Mari. She really is adorable.
Now hopefully adorable Mari won't shoot me for posting apicture of her kitchen but I just couldn't resist... I really love her home! This is actually a very large kitchen for a Japanese home. Isn't that oven cute??
And here are some Lilia pictures for Cliff. My mom made this outfit and bonnet too.
Little Bo Peep! 
What a sweet little... sweetie!
3 comments:
don't you mean Lilia Bo Peep? I'm pretty sure that wall of the kitchen is the most boring view of the house! But I'm glad you like it! :)
What an adorable post! Lilia is so darling! Your friend seems adorable. I love her house too, and I'm so happy your momma went to visit again! You are so much fun! Wish we had you back.
Wow! Have you really been there a year already? Lilia is getting cuter by the day. I love her chunkiness! It's just like our babies. Makes me a little nostalgic...a little. :)
Post a Comment