Cliff has been back since the 19th and I'm not gonna lie - it's pretty sweet having him around again. We went bowling the other night with our friends Mike, Chrissy, Josh, and Josh's little girl. We had a lot of fun! I had not bowled for years but I ended up winning!
Here's a creepy picture of Cliff trying to tickle me. Creepy Cliff!! Gotta love him. So do stripes make my belly look wider?
There's my handsome guy! He's been pretty busy at work since his return, but he still makes time to have lunch with me every day :)
And here I am in all my gigantic glory! I can't believe I still have until May 21st! I feel so big right now!In other pregnancy news:
Baby Lilia is still kicking all of the time. I started doing those kick counts or whatever and she pretty much maxes out her kicks in just a couple of minutes. Even in her so-called "less active" states she is rolling and punching and throwing elbows. Cliff thinks it's pretty funny to feel her elbow or knee.
I have another ultrasound this week. Apparently my placenta was a little close to my cervix on the last ultrasound and my doctors want to monitor it. They said that it will probably move away before I get close to delivering, but they want to keep an eye on it just in case. Worst case scenario - it doesn't move and they may consider scheduling a c-section. This doesn't bother me in the least.
I've had another increase in my appetite and I have a feeling that any weight that I lost during the first 4 or 5 months is quickly being regained and then some. I still want fruit all of the time but I have acquired a bit of a sweet tooth lately as well.
I am still struggling with some round ligament pain, but anything beats barfing so I try not to complain. I have been getting muscle cramps in my legs too. Have any of you experienced this with your pregnancies? I've never had cramps in my leg like this before. They are extremely painful and just started a few weeks ago. Always at night.
I guess that's about it. Cliff and I leave for Thailand in about a week and I am SUPER excited to get away from this nasty rainy cold weather. Hope I fit into my swimsuits!!
10 comments:
You could get a maternity swimsuit, but I don't know that you have time to get one if they don't happen to carry them on base.
And I love Insane Cliff. He makes me laugh.
Huge??! You look tiny!! Sorry if that annoys you, I always hated it when people told me that I didn't look big at all when I was pregnant (of course that only happened with Teya, and I know that's opposite of how most womnen feel), but you really do look small!!
As for the leg cramps, yes, I got them too, only at night! Ouch!
And I also had the low lying placenta, but it moved up and totally out of the way. I was glad happy to have a reason for an additional ultrasound though!
And I keep wondering what your doctors say about your ability to give birth vaginally. I know you mentioned before that you'd had a doctor tell you that your bone structure was too small and that you'd have to have c-sections someday. What do your doctors say now?
Yeah... I think that doctor must have been on crack because there doesn't appear to be any immediate reason why I shouldn't be able to deliver vaginally. I guess we'll just wait and see. I'm really not worried about it, though. Of course I would like to avoid surgery, but I don't feel the same way about cesareans as a lot of women. A healthy baby is a healthy baby however you end up with it. The recovery time would be a bummer, but my mom is going to be out here to help for a month or so, so I think I will be good to go no matter what happens.
Jill, this is Adam Goodwin's sister; I am thinking your leg cramps could be due to a imbalance in your electrolytes. Most likely calcium (low) or Potassium; and are you drinking enough water? The calcium and potassium levels can cause leg cramps quite easily in pregnant women.
Yay Cliff's back! Isn't it great when they come home? Sorry we didn't get to go down and see him while he was here. Rob's been super busy with school and the farthest place we've been to see since he started school is the Temple down in LA. You look good, Jill...I'm glad I get to keep up with you and Lilia on your blog, since you're so far away! We're still waiting to see how things will turn out this summer as far as Rob deploying to Okinawa, so I'll keep you updated!
Ahh, cute. And you look large compared to the not-pregnant you, I agree. But I also think you have a ways to go and you'll only get bigger! :)
I'm so glad you're eating happily! I hope that continues for a while. Barfing is miserable...
Just be grateful you don't have leg cramps AND RLS (restless leg syndrome) I know that some people get both. I don't know which is worse though. I hope your leg cramps and your RL pain gets better! Only 3 more months, right? It sounds so far away, doesn't it? But still so close!
I'm glad you're enjoying your hubby home!
Hey Jill! I stumbled across your blog today. It's been awhile since I've read it (since we sponsored you I guess). You look great! I got leg cramps with both my kids, only at night. Try eating a banana right before bed, that helped mine. Hope things are going well in Atsugi, I sure do miss it!
Oh yeah I got cramps all the time when I slept. I think it's pretty common!
Jill,
Thanks for your comment, I agree with you. You are sure a cute prego momma! And I'm so jealous y'all are going to Thailand. We went there during a Feb. while we were living in Japan and LOVED IT!!! Didn't want to return to Japan at all! Take care!
Post a Comment