Monday, February 9, 2009

Japanese attention to detail and sugar in general

Whether you are buying pearls from Mikimoto or chocolate from the local bakery/candy shoppe, everything in Japan is exquisitely wrapped and presented. We're talking intricate paper folding, little strings and ribbons everywhere, tissue, and itty bitty packages.
One of my English students always has a little gift for me around the holidays. This was for Valentine's day. According to her, just something small and simple.
Yum!! After taking pictures and appreciating the effort put into this little treat, I promptly ate it all in about 30 seconds...
Speaking of treats... I decorated cookies the other day at a friend's house. Her sugar cookie recipe is really wonderful. I might have to post it if I can duplicate her success.
Yeah, so I've had a bit of a sweet tooth lately.... This is a mandarin orange cake I made last week. The topping is crushed pineapple, frozen whipped topping and instant vanilla pudding. My blog is turning into a food blog... isn't it.... I thought I already had one of those, but oh well.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

YUM! That's all I can say.

Wodin said...

Those were some cute treats. So, when do we get the next belly picture? Hee!

Cliff said...

That looks nutri-... well, it looks delicious, anyway. You are the best cook ever! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails