Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally done!!!

I finished the smaller curtains for my kitchen window about 6 MONTHS AGO! I decided today that it was about time I got the "dining room" curtains done. So yeah!! They're done!
Our kitchen/dining area is almost decorated to my satisfaction now. I still want to hang a big mirror or picture on the big empty wall, but it is definitely coming together. The rest of the house is another story for another day. I love the color scheme of this fabric, though. I think it really brings a little life to this sterile military housing. Not much I can do about the linoleum or flesh colored walls, but you do what you can.

4 comments:

Sha nay nay said...

Another fabric-y Idea I was told by a friend is to use fabric and attach it to your wall like wall paper. That way, you don't poke holes in the wall or use tape. You use liquid starch. Once it dries it adheres to the wall and you can pull it off when you like. My friend's aunt is an interior decorator. let me know if I made no sense at all with that. But that's also a good nursery Idea as well. If you see cute fabric you could cut out letters or pictures and put them on the wall!

I'd do a small test patch first before doing anything huge. You don't want to rip off an entire wall of paint...

But I really do love your curtains and the photos on the wall.

Anonymous said...

Awww. It looks lovely. You are so talented. Wanna come decorate my apartment?

LegallyAllred said...

I love your kitchen! AND your little belly. YES I said little. You always have been tiny and still are, despite the fact that you're pregnant. I miss you a ton!! Can't wait to see picts of that baby.

Katie said...

Good job! You've made your house quite homey, not an easy task. I actually like the fabric too. Who would have thought? I wasn't so sure when you described it to me, but it looks great! You're still the cutest little prego ever!!

in additon to a previous comment on your blog. I have a friend that used starch to hang fabric on her wall. it looks and works great. She didn't do the whole wall. Just accents behind pictures and iron work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails