Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lilia is 10 months!

I think I forgot to update over the last couple of months... oops! We have been super busy and I haven't really felt like sitting down and writing much! In fact... I still don't! I'll give you the quick and dirty update...

Lilia is developing quite the little personality and we are having SO much fun with her. Everyone, strangers and family alike, absolutely adore her and want to touch her cheeks. She is quite the little celebrity here in Japan and we always make lots of friends when we go out in to town!

Here are some of her stats and milestones:

-As of 9 months she is just over 23 lbs and that puts her in the 98th percentile for weight.
- She is just over 28 inches long and in the 50th ish percentile there.
- I can't remember the number on her head circumference but I believe that was also the 50th or 60th percentile.

- She is talking up a storm and beginning to really mimic sounds and words. Although she doesn't say these words, she knows "airplane," "puppy," "fairy girls," and "car." She also knows and can usually say "mama" and "dada." She is getting very close to saying "puppy." She definitely has the "puh" sound down!

- She discovered pointing a couple of weeks ago and now points at everything. Pointing is usually accompanied by sounds and words.

- She LOVES to both bob and shake her head back and forth especially when eating or when we play music! It's hilarious.

- She is super super social and loves to interact with people and especially other children. She points to every child and baby that we see.

- She is trying a variety of foods now! She loves bread, daddy's oatmeal, cottage cheese, regular white rice, pureed carrots, pear, cheerios, and bagels. I will often feed her some of whatever I am eating too and she loves that. She is still nursing too, but not as often.

- She is feeding herself cheerios and pieces of bread. She is working on the cup and sippy cup...

- On the downside, there are also quite a few things that Lilia is still NOT doing. She is not crawling or pulling up to standing on her own. She is not cruising or even getting herself into a sitting position from the floor. This was beginning to concern me so I decided to make some phone calls and we are now meeting weekly with EDIS. The evaluations so far have shown that while she is doing very well in other areas, she is definitely slightly behind in her gross motor skills. The lady that we have seen so far suspects that this delay is at least in part due to Lilia's weight if not entirely because of it. We are discussing some physical therapy strategies right now and I am feeling pretty good about things. I was really worried at first, but they have already ruled out any neurological problems and both of the ladies that we have met with feel confident that Lilia will catch up quickly with a little "push." We just need to get this kid movin'!!

That is about it for now! See how long her hair is getting!?


2 comments:

Krista said...

That can be scary- but I don't see how there COULD be anything wrong, LOOK AT HER! She is so obviously healthy and happy and beautiful!! But definitely good that you sought out and found peace of mind- Mama's always know best!!

Wodin said...

I am positive that she will be fine. Just keep pushing! She will get there. She just needs a chance to work it out.
I love you, and I love her, and I felt like a "cool kid" to be invited to read your blog! Keep up the good mama work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails