Thursday, March 18, 2010

Girl's Day Portraits!

Are these too cute for words??? They were a little pricey, but I knew that it was a once in a lifetime chance to take pictures like this! Girl's Day is celebrated in March and Boy's Day is in May. There are traditions that are unique to both of these days and one of the special parts of Girl's Day in Japan is the display of Hina dolls! The top picture is Lilia with the entire display and the bottom picture is Lilia with the Empress doll. We had such a good experience at the studio and Lilia had lots of smiles for the photographer. I am especially grateful to my friend Hitomi who came and translated for us!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Cute, cute, cute! I wish I could have brought Abby :(

Anonymous said...

Love them! She did great!

Debra/Mom said...

I love that you can see those two teeth. Did you get that outfit for the picture? Or was it something the photographer had? Anyway, she it too cute for words. I LOVE her!

Happy said...

Hey Jill, I just went back and read the post you did on Lilia meeting with EDIS. I guess I missed that before! But I hope that you reading about Dallin all this time helps you feel a little better in knowing that some babies just seem to be behind and end up totally fine! Dallin didn't start army crawling until he was 9 and a half months old and didn't get up on his hands and knees to crawl until he was 11 months old. And I know you probably remember that at his 12 month check-up, he had still NEVER attempted to pull up and wouldn't stand with our support, wouldn't walk holding onto our hands or anything! I was freaking out but we moved when he was around 9 months old and it took FOREVER to get the kids' records transferred up to Mass and so I couldn't get him in to see the pediatrician until he was 12 months old. Sounds crazy that I waited that long, but there was a lot of drama in trying to get the records. Anyways, he pulled up on his own at 12 and a half months and has made progress on his own just fine ever since. I think that EI would have helped him do it faster though and would have given me a lot of peace about the whole ordeal. So anyways, I was just sharing all of that with you because it made me feel a lot better to know there were other kids out there that went through the same thing and had no problems later on. Lilia sounds like she is doing great and I am so happy for you that you got therapy for her so quickly!

Katie said...

Did I mention how stinkin' cute she is?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails