Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Year in Japan

These pictures are mostly in order from most recent to oldest. Here is Lilia from just the other day.
When she smiles like this I just die laughing. It's so funny. She smiles with her entire being.

OSC "Tacky Party" a little over a week ago

We were pretty tacky...
Grandma's Sweetheart! My mom came back to Japan to help me and see her little sweetie. This is what Lilia wore to the Airport.

McDonalds and the Daiei.
Hydrangea in June
Bath time Baby :)
A couple of days before Cliff left for the summer. Lilia was techincally still in the hospital - but she had a day off to spend with Daddy.
Entry to the pediatric ward at the hospital.
Hospital times

First day there :(
A really bad day
Really bad
Before the hospital!
Just a week old!
So tiny!
First bath a few days after she was born! Lilia Rebekah May was born on May 15th 2009!
Our Tansu
Cherry blossoms (Sakura) in April.
Badman Ball

Sushi and other goodies on the Sakura riverboat cruise in Yokohama
What cruise is complete without a little karaoke?
Place mats and table runner from Thailand
Baby Shower! in March


Growing tummy.
Thailand :) Early March
James Bond rock in Thailand
30 weeks pregnant in Thailand

More Thailand
Jason Mraz concert in February in Tokyo.
Kua'Aina burgers in Tokyo
Tokyo
Some of my English students
growing belly
Cliff's favorite Japanese ice cream
New years shrine tour
sake anyone?
Cirque du Soleil on Christmas day
Less than flattering Christmas morning shot...
three stockings? :)
The little tree Cliff surprised me with
beginnings of a bump around 20 weeks
Christmas party for the squadron

Cliff went above and beyond when I was pregnant this year. He made or bought anything I craved... or thought I could keep down.
Kellie came to visit in November...
We went to Sagamihara park... and thats about it.

This is the bird Cliff flies.
Driving in Japan :)
Guam in October
random shot of Yokohama
Guam
meeting Cliff in Guam
More Guam
Ahh... melon soda...cream soda... :) One of my favorite treats in Japan. Inside Joke with Cliff....
Landmark tower in Yokohama
Yamato building. (Where we go to church.)
Hasedera temple in Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura
Japanese gardens
Soba and sushi

This past year has had it's ups and downs for SURE! I never thought in a million years I would move to a foreign country with the Navy and end up having a baby overseas as well! Cliff and I have had some truly wonderful experiences this past year and we have also had some of the most difficult trials... ok THE most difficult trial of our lives thus far. I'm glad we came to Japan, though and may the next year be a little more...mild? It's hard to believe it's already been a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much! I was just in Atlanta for an overnight trip and I was wishing the both of you and Lilia were there - but you are all doing well in Japan - it's a wonderful adventure! Lilia is beautiful and precious - love the smile. i miss you both a bunch - we need to skype more often!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for making it one year! And you really have made it through so much. I am proud of you guys. Keep going, and I'll see you this Christmas! Yay for saving money!

Stephanie said...

i can't believe you guys have been there a year already as well! maybe now that i'm more experienced with space-a i'll get to come to japan in the future. oh, on a side note...i've been to that beach in guam! went there yesterday...so nice. me and rob are staying at the hyatt in tumon this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails