These were taken today.
She's so chubby! It's great.
She's come a long way with her diaper changes. She used to scream when she got her diaper changed, but not really anymore.
What up.
This is tummy time. She... doesn't care for it much
Bless her heart, she tries... for about 30 seconds before she starts crying.
Happy to be dressed! 
Yesterday we went to Reed field to hang out with some friends and enjoy some of the 4th of July festivities. Here are some of our 4th of July friends!
This was the line for cotton candy. I would have gotten a picture of us eating it but it was so humid that it didn't last very long. I think I finished mine off in about... 3 minutes.
One of the few naps she took yesterday.
4th of July baby
This dress is a size 3-6 month. Lilia is 7 weeks right now and it almost fits her...
Hee hee!
Oooh?
So today marks an entire week since my mom left and the first of many weeks that Lilia and I will spend alone. We survived and we only had to go to the urgent care center twice! Murphy's Law would dictate that if something is going to happen or go wrong, it's going to happen at the least favorable time. Lilia had another fever this week (102.5). I thought she felt warm again after a 3am feeding and sure enough - another fever. I called the UCC and they asked me to watch her closely and bring her in at 7am when the lab opened to have her blood drawn and checked for bacteria again. Of COURSE this would happen right after my mom left. Lilia had been congested for the past 3 or 4 days and had had a lot of trouble breathing in addition to the fever so I was hoping this was just a cold. Given her frightening history, however, the doctors didn't want to take any chances. They had such a hard time finding a vein to get blood so that had to be done... twice. They wanted a urine sample but the bag wasn't working so they had to do a... catheter. There was a chance that it was a bacterial infection again so she had to get two .. injections of antibiotics. It just wasn't a fun morning. We were there for about 4 hrs. The blood cultures were going to take 48 hrs so I had to come back the next morning for a check up and I had to monitor her closely all day Tuesday (like I wasn't already charting her every breathe.) Wed. we went back in to have her checked and although her fever had thankfully broken, the doctor wanted to do two more injections of the antibiotics just in case. Long story short, her blood cultures came back negative so it would appear that she did just have a cold? The rest of the week was mostly uneventful. I just haven't been getting a lot of sleep and Lilia screamed ALL DAY LONG yesterday. I have so much respect and compassion for single mothers that do this all the time. It's so hard not to have anyone here with me to take her for even 10 minutes. My neighbors and friends have been fantastic - but I'm not going to call them in the middle of the night. This summer I am just taking it one day at a time and saying a lot of prayers. My throat started hurting yesterday and I have a feeling my immune system is getting a run for its money as well. Lilia is still eating every two hours, though, so you just do what you can do.
On the bright side, Lilia is such a joy most of the time. Everything she does is just adorable to me. I know I am biased but I just think she is gorgeous. I love her little smiles and coos and the way she kicks her legs and arms out when she is on her back. She really is a pretty happy baby most of the time. I just wish her daddy could be here to enjoy her with me right now!
6 comments:
I know that her daddy wishes that he were there too.
If I could transport myself there I would be there to help you. But in the mean time I am praying for you and Lilia and Clifford.
She really is the cutest baby in the world, but maybe I'm biased.
I love you all.
I LOVE chubby babies!! She's beautiful!!
Sorry to hear that you had a rough week. Jeremy is always there if you need anything. (I have no problems offering his help.) She really is a beautiful baby.
I personally like her "What up" face, and I also like those last few with the headband the best. I love you!
I'll bet Lilia gave you her cold. Darn babies! ;) I agree with Cliff, the "What Up?" face is awesome.
Oh how I love a chubby baby!! To me it is a sign of good health and good eating. I always feel a sense of pride or accomplishment when I notice some chubbs on my babies- like I'm making some good milk for them and they are eating well. So way to go Jill! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that medical stuff again. Having a baby is equally as scary as it is amazingly wonderful, isn't it? Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job there on your own and that you make a wonderful mama!
Post a Comment