
I had the opportunity to meet Cliff in port in Guam for a few days including Halloween, and even though I was still quite sick we had a BLAST! I didn't know much about Guam before going there but I learned a lot in the few short days that we had.

Guam is a tropical island in the pacific that is part of Micronesia. It is a very popular Japanese tourist destination because it is much less expensive than Hawaii and closer too! It is a U.S. territory, but because of all of the Japanese tourists and the local Chemorrans sp? (I'm probably going to be shot for spelling that wrong,) you get an interesting tri-cultural experience. Think exotic tropical island with both a Japanese and American twist. The beaches were absolutely gorgeous, though and we had a spectacular view from our balcony (or where I stayed with Chrissy until Cliff got in,) and our hotel/resort was right in the thick of things. The only downside to Guam, in my opinion, is you have to watch out for some of the massage parlors unless you want a "happy ending" and the island is a a little dingy in some areas because of the depressed economy, oh and it smells a little like Japan in some places but that is just me being ornery and pregnant...

This was the beach we went to

Another shot. Isn't that water gorgeous!?

From the balcony of the hotel room...

Inside the hotel room. Very soft bed, by the way. Chrissy and I flew in close to 3:00 am the first night so this bed was a dream come true.
2 comments:
I still can't believe you declined the "happy ending." XD
Pretty! I am so excited you are posting! Is the computer acting any better, or are you still using public resources?
Post a Comment