I thought about titling this entry "I'm going to go take a nap -wake me up in about 6 months" or "Not feelin' the Love, Jelly Bean." Obviously I decided on something a little warmer and fuzzier. I was telling my friend the other day that it is one thing to move to a foreign country with your husband, it's another thing to move to a foreign country and then have your husband gone for months at a time. It's an ENTIRELY different thing when you move to a foreign country, your husband is gone, and you are pregnant and miserably sick. I had a hard time keeping this pregnancy a secret because I have been so sick. I think everyone and their mother has seen me puking in the grass by my apartment or when I am getting out of my car. Even Cliff's OIC has seen me throw up. Yeah... that's not embarrassing... I want to say it's not all bad, but... Ok, well today I had my 10 week appt. and I really do have to say that seeing that little Jelly Bean on the computer screen was pretty cool. I guess it hasn't really seemed real until I got to see the little guy/gal and the heartbeat. I mean, yes, It has been all too real with the way that I have been feeling, but seeing little Jelly Bean INSIDE ME makes it a little better :)
These past couple of months have been some of the most trying that I have experienced in a while but I am trying to remain optimistic and I am really looking forward to seeing Cliff again. I don't want anyone to think that we aren't excited because we are absolutely thrilled! I guess I just needed to rant for a second and it feels good to let all of this out. I just want to say that anyone that has ever experienced ANY degree of this so-called "morning" sickness (more like every minute of the day or night sickness) my heart truly goes out to you.
Mark your calendars for May 21st! That's right!! A May baby in May!!
18 comments:
Technically we should wake you in 6 and a half months. XD
yay!! I'm so glad I guessed right. I'm soo sorry you've been sick. Hopefully that gets better. I'm so excited for you and eventually I'll have to meet the little baby May!
Congrats to both of you! I feel for you Jill - I had terrible morning/all day sickness and having Adam around to fetch me things really helped. My fav pregnancy foods were OJ and tomato soup (not together!). The OJ really helped to spike my blood sugar which made me feel less sick. Hang in there, I promise the sickness does get better!! Congrats again!
OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so sorry that you are so sick though. You are more than entitled to complain by the way. The first trimester stinks!!! With both of my pregnancies, I told Jared the whole first trimester that we were never having another child. After that it gets a TON better, I promise. Once you stop feeling sick, you'll be able to feel him/her move soon after and then you'll absolutely love being pregnant (believe it or not!!). Congrats again and hang in there!!
That's what I estimated when you first told me: May 21st! Yay. Your baby will be beautiful. :)
Yay! I'm glad you're finally out of the closet! Now I can stop thinking I'm giving stuff away.
Oh, and congrats, and awesome picture. Thanks for sharing.
I love the picture! I told Richard, "He/she looks just like Clifford" :)
Tell Jelly Bean Grandma says "Hi".
I love you both.
That's my first grandbaby I see today....yahoo love you, MamaG or is it MamaMia
I can't navigate this page to post that I can see my first grandbaby...yahoo Mama G
so...Rob says that you should name your baby April...get it? or if not its first name should start with the letter "b". That way when they're told to write last name, first inital, it would be May B. oh...such a clever husband I have...(said with much eye rolling).
YAY! Thats way exciting can't wait to here more about it! but I'm sorry about the sick part and everything that goes with it..your in my prayers
WAHOOO!!!!! We are so excited for you. Thanks for sharing, we look forward to hearing everything! Your little jelly bean is a lucky little one.
Congrats!!!! It is a long hard ride, but totally worth it! Can't wait to here all the updates throughout the pregnancy! Good luck!
Congratulations, Jill! That is so exciting! I hope you start feeling better soon! So, you will have a Japanese baby! Fabulous!
Yay! How exciting, a baby May!
Hey Jill!!
Congratulations! I was so excited to find your blog...and now I'm so excited to hear that you're going to be a mom!! Awesome!! That is so great. Well, if you get a chance come check out our blog...clayandnatalie.blogspot.com.Congratulations again! You guys are going to be great parents.
I totally missed this post Jill! I know you've heard it a hundred times but here's 101--congratulations! That's so exciting, can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Good luck and the second trimester gets better! Make sure to document that buddah belly growing! Post 'em as often as you'd like! I love preggo bellies!
How awesome :)
Post a Comment