Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reflections on the past year

So this year has been pretty crazy. I don't have anything to compare it to of course, but I think Lilia hit the ground running and never stopped. Here are some interesting facts about Lilia's first year here on Earth!

- She spent more than 40 hrs on airplanes and visited three different countries! (Different parts of Japan, The United States, and Singapore.)

- She has been to the E.R. five times and the first time was when she was only 12 days old. The second time was when she was 7 weeks old. Both visits were because of high fevers and the first visit actually ended with me and her leaving the base in an ambulance for a Japanese hospital!

- Speaking of which, she has spent 3 weeks in a Japanese hospital for Group B strep.

- She didn't crawl on her hands and knees until she was 11 months!

- At 12 months she weighs 25 lbs 6 oz! She is 29 1/2 inches tall.

- Her first word was most likely "Mama" and her second was "Puppy!"

- She and I BOTH made it a full year with nursing! I am very proud of us as the first few months were really tough. (Mastitis is a killer)

- She has been in the ocean (Ft. Walton Beach.)

- She is an extremely social child and loves to be the center of attention. Everyone comments on this whenever we go out. She makes friends quickly and knows how to work a crowd.

- She has only seen her daddy 4 1/2 months this past year! That being said, she definitely knows who he is, talks to him on the phone, and recognizes his picture!

- On the downside, Lilia has never been a good sleeper and she still isn't. I can count on one hand how many times she has slept longer than 1 1/2 hours during the day. Most of her naps are 20-30 minutes. 45 if I am lucky. She used to go to bed at the same time every night and we had a great bedtime routine, but she has apparently outgrown this now that she can pull herself up to standing and crawl around in her crib.

- She is still a joy to me and I don't know what we would do without her! I never knew what to expect before I became a parent and in a nutshell, here is what I have learned. It is ALL TRIAL AND ERROR! I feel like such a punk when I think of how much I expected of my parents. I thought that they should have ALL of the answers and know what they were doing! I apologize and hope that my child will have patience with me and with Cliff and we struggle to find our way through this crazy wonderful maze!


She was never "tiny," but she was definitely a LOT smaller! So cute! (the pen was for a size reference...)
She still makes this face when she sleeps :)
Such a BIG girl!




Playing in a box!
Watching Elmo... in a box!
Going for a stroll on her birthday

2 comments:

Denise said...

Love those PJs!

Jeanette said...

That hat! Mom had me buy it for her at the Olympics! I saw a lot of girls my age wearing them, even though they are technically for kids. But, hee, she has ears!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails