Those of you that know me well know that I LOVE to cook. I may not be the next "Iron Chef," but that doesn't keep me from the kitchen. I love food in general and I am OBSESSED with the Food Network. When Cliff and I first got married and moved down to Milton Florida I was stuck in a Navy Lodge with no car, no military I.D, and no idea what to do with myself. I watched a LOT of T.V. that first week and went for a lot of walks around teeny tiny Whiting Field. Most of the hours of television that I watched were cooking shows on the Food Network. I got to know Rachael Ray, Ina Garten, Giada de Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen... you get the idea. I also watched Tyler Florence in action. At the time I remember him helping out on "How to Boil Water" and "Food 911." Later I got hooked on "Tyler's Ultimate," along with many other shows. I could seriously watch that channel all day long. Anyway, I digress... The point I am getting to, albeit ever so slowly, is that Tyler Florence came to Atsugi last week! He was here to do a cooking demonstration, (his ultimate roast chicken,) and sign books for us! I got to MEET him! It was so much fun! It's really funny to me too... I have met a lot of celebrities before, because I used to interview musicians and write album reviews, but I enjoyed this so much more! I think I must be getting older to be more excited about meeting a celebrity chef than meeting rock stars...

Lilia, as you can see was not quite as thrilled. I had woken her up from her nap in order to make it to the demonstration on time... oh well! She was a trooper and didn't complain at all until later that night...


2 comments:
How fun for you! Lilia will get it when she is older.
I may have to get the recipe for the chicken.
Feel better soon.
Love you guys!
Um, okay, I can't remember what the rest of your post said, because my mind is still trying to soak in the words, "I have met a lot of celebrities before, because I used to interview musicians and write album reviews...". Okay, HELLO! WHAT?!?!? Who, what, when?! Details lady, details!! Would you mind writing a whole post on that one for me, please?? But I must say, I am not surprised that you used to do something with writing, because you are a fantastic writer! I think that every time I read one of your blog posts.
Oh, and that's cool that you met that chef guy!
Post a Comment