
Hello, folks. I just got home from my summer underway. I don't call it a cruise because I don't want people to confuse what it really is. I've now been to Indonesia and Australia. I'll tell more about that later. This blog deals with the best part: coming home. I did not arrive back to port with the boat; I was part of the crew that flew one of the helicopters back. Due to some maintenance considerations, we had to fly off the boat, pick up a part, fly back, and finally fly home for the last time. We were supposed to be about 100 miles away from home when this all started, so Jill was told that I would be home between 10 and noon. To make a long story short, when we lifted off the deck for the first time, home was only 45 miles away, so we ended up finishing around 8:45 am, and Jill wasn't even at the hangar yet. No one really expected us yet, but it was okay as we had some work to do. I told Jill not to worry about it and I would call her when I was done. Sean offered me a ride home, so I took it and surprised Jill and Lilia by walking through the door. I hadn't even changed, and I got to see my daughter for the first time in nearly three months.

In the photo shown above, we are having some good re-acquaintance time by taking a good look at each other.

Above, I'm a very happy daddy.

Above, I thought I'd try to see the world from her perspective. I think she appreciated it.

Despite the sad-looking face above, she was really in quite a good mood.

Daddy and daughter together again! She's so much bigger, so much stronger, and she laughed for the first time a day after I got home! I am also a big fan of her not being in the hospital. I'll post more later, but until then, I'm enjoying the baby.
-Cliff
5 comments:
I love it when you post! And welcome back to dry land, for a while anyway. Mega hugs and kisses all around, eh?
Yay! I'm so glad you're with Jill and Lilia again, and we are ALL glad she's not in the hospital. When's the next "cruise"?
So great! Why do all of the posts on this blog make me cry???
I'm totally with Happy on that one. Big fat tears flowing down the cheek. Welcome home for a little while.
What a great post, glad you are able to be with your family for a bit and get to know your daughter at this point in her life.
Post a Comment