Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do I still live in Japan? Oh yeah, I guess I do...

Cliff and I went to a bazaar in Yokosuka last weekend and finally bought the step tansu we wanted! I am sooooo excited about this piece of furniture!! If you have never seen one before you can google "step tansu" or "Kaidan dansu" and that will give you and idea of how versatile and beautiful this particular type of furniture can be!
We have ours set up more in the "Buffet" style but if you look very closely to the left you can see where the pieces fit together if we wanted to set it up like a stair case. We hope to have the room to do that eventually, but for now it is going to be a TV stand.
That's rice paper behind the glass and we have our DVD player inside. We can use the remote through the glass so that everything stays hidden!
So... I was bored the other day driving home from Sagamihara housing with Cliff and I started taking pictures... Typical day driving around Japan.
Watch out for people on bikes - they WILL NOT watch for you.
It was pretty grey and dreary on this particular Saturday, but we did spot some wisteria!! Anyone who knows me at all knows that I LOVE wisteria. LOVE IT!
More wisteria :)
So pretty!! They have white wisteria here in Japan as well. I know everyone gets all crazy about the cherry blossoms but this is more my thing. And below you can see an older Japanese woman that took the wisteria thing a little too far.... j/k I really have no idea why she has such a violent shade of purple for her hair color. I just had to get a picture, though...

2 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

HAHA...love the purple hair...my theory: She's senile and so her cat told her that she needed to color her hair because she had so much grey, so she went to the local drug store and picked up her bottle of hair dye, but because she also is legally blind and can't afford glasses she didn't notice that she picked up the purple hair dye. That how it ended up purple, but her cat told her that she perfers the purple over the grey anyday!! (just a theory)

marigirl said...

LOVE your tansu! very you. :) maybe we should dye our hair purple so we won't stand out as much....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails