Cliff's 27th birthday was yesterday! What an old man!! His favorite sweet combination is peanut butter and chocolate, so for his birthday I went all out....
I made a triple layer chocolate cake with peanut butter/ cream cheese frosting with a chocolate and peanut butter ganache icing. My friend sent me the recipe from Smitten Kitchen although she had never tried the ganache with it. This was my second attempt at baking cakes and I have to say - it was SPECTACULAR! Maybe baking isn't so bad after all! Especially when the results are like this! It didn't look as pretty as the pictures on the website, but who really cares?? It was soooo yummy. I think that Cliff enjoyed it too :) Here is the link if you are interested: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/
The birthday fairy came to visit Cliff! This is my friend Ashley's little girl Natalie. Natalie is fascinated with baby Lilia in my belly. :)
Here is Cliff inhaling the scent of yummy chocolatey goodness. There is a chunk of ganache missing.... I guess someone couldn't wait for me to cut it...
We ate the whole thing in one sitting!! Ha! Just kidding... but we did polish off our very large pieces with a glass of milk. Like I said before... so yummy.
Speaking of baby Lilia, I am now over 35 weeks! My doctor told me on Tuesday that if I went into labor now they probably wouldn't stop it. I guess that's nice to know. We also talked about the upcoming ultrasound and what the plan with my placenta was. He said that we will reevaluate next week when we get the results and possibly set up a consultation with the OBs at Yokosuka if my placenta still has not moved. He didn't seem too concerned but he did hand off my prenatal record to me just in case :)
There's the belly! All out in front as everyone says... Cliff says he wants his basketball back, but I'm thinking we may have graduated to beach ball at this point. I'm definitely ready to have my body back, though. Cliff and I have issued a 30 day eviction notice. It's getting increasingly difficult to tie my shoes and shave my legs. I have trouble getting my socks on and getting out of bed too. It really hurts to be on my feet for too long. I have to give a shout out to my mother for working on her feet all day when she was pregnant with me. Really just in general I have become more aware and more grateful for what my mother has done for me. I'm also so thankful that I have a caring husband who rubs my feet and back at night and cleans the house and puts all of our baby furniture together. He has really been a wonderful partner through all of this. His favorite thing to do right now is play "tummy tag" with Lilia. Whenever she sticks out a foot or elbow he chases it around as she moves across my belly :) It's really very sweet how excited he gets about it. Well I guess that is it for now!
5 comments:
You look great!
Happy bithday, Cliff. That cake looks really, really good. I had birthday cookies. Also wonderful :)
Augh! I can't believe I didn't call on Cliff's b-day!
And your belly pics are AWESOME. Tell that baby to get out here and meet the world!
Oh my heavens! That belly is outrageous!! Hahaha, sorry, all I meant is it is so crazy how you seriously look like you have a ball up your shirt. That's it, just a ball, no baby. Congrats on looking so great, on being SO CLOSE to baby time, and on making such an awesome cake for that sweet man of yours. Happy Birthday Cliff!
You look great! I love your belly pics! Good job on the cake as well- looks delicious. Happy birthday to your hubby!
Happy Birthday! Jon played that same game with our kids, more so with Keilana since she was the first. The second one isn't quite as exciting as the first because you've been there, done that but still so much fun nevertheless! Good luck and you're adorable.
Post a Comment