Have you ever held $8,500 cash in your hands? As of today I have! I would post a picture... but I thought it might be a little weird... yeah... So we sold Cliff's car today!! Woo hoo!! Such a RELIEF! The family we sold it to was awesome. We really liked them so we felt good about the whole situation. I guess they had been looking for a car just like Cliff's and had been praying about it just like us!! Here's the rest of what's going on in our world right now:
- I got my overseas medical screening approved a few weeks ago. I ended up only having to get two booster shots so that was GREAT. If you remember from a few posts ago I was a little worried about this...
- We got our entry approval this week. This means that we can begin setting up our move (specify dates for the movers to come and booking airfare.)
- We finally got my no-fee passport. It looks exactly like my other passport. The only difference is the back page that says something about how it only functions for dependents of active duty military personnel...blah blah... and is only good for 5 years.
- We have made arrangements to initially fly out of ATLANTA on the 25th of July. We are leaving Jacksonville on the 18th of July. So... all of my peeps in the ATL - we are going to be there from the 18th to the 25 if you would like to drop in and say "hello." This will be our last stop in the Area for... years?
I guess that is about it for now. We are planning on putting our washer and dryer in storage as the Navy will pay for it (so why not?) and everything else we own is coming with us. It's pretty surreal to think that we will be LIVING in Japan in about a month...
4 comments:
That is WILD!!! Wow!! Japan, that will be such an adventure! I am thrilled for you two. Congratulations on selling the car, on getting your passport, and on free storage. Oh the benefits of being in the military! Now do you fly for free too? Love you guys, we'd LOVE to see you in Atlanta! We can meet at the sundial for appetizers and live jazz ;)
Although I feel sad that you are really leaving, and so soon(!), I am happy for you b/c I am sure it is really nice to know when things are happening so you can really start planning. But so sad to see you go!!! We will definitely have to go to the zoo at least once more before you leave!
We definately want to see you when you are in town! We are so excited for you! We will miss you, I guess we will just have to come and visit!
CASH? Wow. That must have been a cool, frightening feeling. At least, I would have been frightened--what if I lost it? Anyway, you guys are awesome.
Post a Comment