Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My first quilt!




At long last I have completed my first quilt! I pieced it together back in like ..... January but I got lazy and set it aside for a while. Today I put the last stitch in the binding and I'm really pleased with the result! I might not ever enter the quilt show in Paducah or anywhere else, but I think I'm off to a good start!

In other news - Cliff got his official orders! They are a little vague..... They say to detach in July '08 and arrive no later than August '08.... it doesn't say when, though. It could mean August 1st or August 31st? We are going to look in to that... We also got our new passports in the mail today! They look so much cooler than my old one. They have all of these pictures and quotes from past presidents and leaders. The old ones didn't have.... anything really. I'm glad they gave me my old one back, though, because I have my visa from Spain in there. Cliff's old one has his stamps from Paraguay. They might be cool to show our kids one day.

4 comments:

Seth, Sara, Kyla, Owen, and Hero said...

Your quilt looks amazing, I think you are just so talented Jill. You are going to be the woman in every ward you live in with many hats, and asked for all the creative activities... Good Job!

Amanda said...

I am so impressed with your abilities... It is impressive when I can just sew a button on a shirt (I'm not kidding either). It looks great!

Debra/Mom said...

Wow! It is so beautiful. You are amazingly talented.

Krista said...

Holy cow!!! I LOVE this quilt!! I just started quilting since Thatcher was born and I LOVE it. I can't wait to get into our new place where we'll have an arts/crafts room so I can actually leave stuff out which means I'll actually DO my quilting rather than just gathering cool fabrics and patterns and leaving them sitting in our closet... Anyways, where did you get the pattern from? How long have you been quilting?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails