Monday, April 14, 2008

St. Augustine and Universal






This past week was a busy one. My parents and my brother came to visit us and although Cliff had to work and my dad had to go home one wed. for a meeting, my mom and brother and I had a blast! We had tour of central and northeastern Florida. We went to St. Augustine on Tuesday before my dad had to go back and even though it was a little chilly we really enjoyed ourselves. We went to the Alligator farm, (which is always awesome,) and we explored the city and it's shopping. We stepped into an art gallery and ended up staying inside for about an hour! The artists that they showcased were AMAZING. Even my little brother and my dad were impressed! We got to see the work of the sculptor known as TUAN. The White House just commissioned him to do a piece for them. Click here and ... --> Check out some of his work!
After my dad left on wed. morning my mom and brother and I drove to Orlando. We got two park annual passes to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I hadn't ridden a roller coaster since returning from Spain and I have to say - I was missing out! I know that theme parks aren't for everyone but I'm a fan. Especially when you don't have to wait in line very long! The three of us discovered the "single rider" line a few years ago and we all swear by it. The longest line we waited in was about 20 min. but most of the time we would walk right onto the ride. As long as you don't mind splitting up your party, (which who talks on roller coasters anyway?) it's truly the best way to go. We road some rides three or four times in a row! I can't wait until Cliff can can get some time off work and come with me! I think we are going to try and go at the beginning of May and make a Temple trip out of it too.
In other exciting..... sorta.... news - I am teaching this Tuesday. It's rather ironic actually. I always said that I would NEVER teach middle school and that I would NEVER teach math. So what am I teaching this week? 7th grade math. Fun! Wish me luck. I remember what I was like in middle school and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy... Having said that I also have to say that I am very grateful to be working as this substitute teaching thing has been a lot slower than I ever expected. It will be good to be out of the house and working.

1 comment:

Ashley and Ben said...

Not sure if you look more like a person who is scarred that a T-Rex is about to eat you or if that was supposed to be an re-inactment of Joseph Smith's first vision :--) Glad to hear everything is going well ~ Ben

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails