For the past 3 or 4? months she has been cruising up a storm. She walks along walls like spider man. She is not walking on her own yet, though, and I have to admit it bothers me a little. I know a lot of it is the extra weight she has to balance, but she is sooooo heavy! It would be nice not to have to carry her as much. Speaking of weight, she has actually slowed down considerably. Her appetite is very small and she is only nursing once a day now - and even those days are numbered....
Speaking of no appetite, somehow this kid makes do. She is a fireball! She has sooo much energy throughout the day and can get herself from room to room and into trouble in the blink of an eye. Good thing she hasn't figured out how to open doors yet. I tried taking her with me to the travel agent the other day and it was hopeless. She wouldn't sit on my lap for even a minute. I would put her down on the floor by me with some toys and *blink* she was gone. Literally out the door down the hallway. *sigh* We had to come back the next day to complete our travel plans. No, wait.... it actually took a total of THREE days to get everything done.
She isn't using a lot of words, but she definitely understands a lot of words. Her receptive language is tremendous, and thus we have turned to signs! Lilia is a signing champ. She can communicate most of her needs with the signs I have taught her. Her favorites are "more," "milk," and " all done."
She loves to sing and dance. She has a xylophone that she likes to play, but she never plays without singing along. Kind of funny.
She knows a lot of animal sounds. She can moo, trumpet like and elephant, make monkey sounds, snort like a pig, and hiss like a snake.
She likes to play with her baby doll and rock her and make her clap her hands.
She loves to comb her hair and comb and brush our hair. She also loves to wear bracelets and when I tell her she looks "pretty" she waves her hand like a beauty queen. She also loves to watch me put on blush and she often helps and then puts some on daddy as well.
About a month or two ago we taught her parts of the face. She knows eyes, ears, lips, nose, teeth, and tongue. When I ask her where my ears are she is too funny. First she points to one ear and then she PUSHES my face to the side to get to the other ear! Geez!
She love love LOVES her daddy. When Cliff comes home she beelines for him and then scrambles to find a "gift" to give him. This could be a shoe, a toy, and piece of fuzz off the floor. It's hilarious. It's like, "Daddy is back home! What can I give him! Hurry!!!! Must give him something!!!"
Here are a few more somewhat recent pictures from the past couple of months.
At the park for a friend's birthday! Notice that the other two are in motion while Lilia sits and looks bewildered...
She's up to something..... what could it be?
SMOOSH!
Hammin' it up with daddy.
Lilia has another trick. It's not a very pleasant trick.
See what I can do, mom?
Fourth of July with our friend Abbie!
Lilia "cleaning" the table at our favorite Indian restaurant. Moments later they turned on the T.V. and she proceeded to dance to Bollywood music videos for the remainder of the meal.
Lilia still LOVES her baths and yes, I still bathe her in the sink. Why not? She still fits and I don't have to bend over or be on my knees! She loves it and often stands to look out the window now. This has raised some eyebrows from the occasional passerby, but whatev. I see it as a win/ win.
This last one is actually from back in May when my family was here, but too cute to forget!
2 comments:
I loooove Lilia updates! She is the cutest! And don't worry too much about the walking thing--she'll suddenly decide to do it and you'll wonder when it happened.
That bath hair is AWESOME. And the door photos are the cutest. She really is a doll.
Post a Comment