My friend Mari recommended some temples in Kita-Kamakura for the ultimate hydrangea viweing experience. My mom and I were not disappointed. Prepare for photo overload!!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
June = Hydrangea
Of all the foliage and flowers in the world, Hydrangea has to be one of my favorites, (wisteria being the close second.) Lacey lavender and sky blues to Magenta and soft baby pink. I love every variety and hue. My wedding bouquet centered around white hydrangea, (a rare find in the middle of February,) and I have plans to cover my future yard with it one day. This love of hydrangea was instilled in me during my youth. My mother has always loved this plant as well and we grew up with both deep violet and cerulean shrubbery in our front, back, and side yards. I just love how full and rich the blooms become and how LONG they last! Just like a sunset they change over time into richer and then more delicate colors as they slowly fade away. I love to watch this cycle every year. Here in Japan hydrangea is popular too. The Japanese people even have viewing seasons and parties for this plant. All over Kamakura in June the Japanese tourists flock and snap pictures. My mother and I followed suit! How lucky that she just "happened" to be here in June for a visit!
My friend Mari recommended some temples in Kita-Kamakura for the ultimate hydrangea viweing experience. My mom and I were not disappointed. Prepare for photo overload!!



















My friend Mari recommended some temples in Kita-Kamakura for the ultimate hydrangea viweing experience. My mom and I were not disappointed. Prepare for photo overload!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey! look at all the posts!! did you just go public again? :)
I too love hydrangeas. There is a house on my walk that has a lot of hydrangea and I always pause and just admire them. They are beautiful. And I LOVE your pictures.
So amazing. The flowers are one of the things we miss most about Japan. I didn't see any hydrangeas over here :(
Post a Comment