Have you ever owned a pair of shoes that seemed to be made just for your feet? These shoes fit me like... well... like a good pair of shoes should! The soft supple leather literally molded to my feet and whenever I wore these sparkly slippers I felt like I was lighter than air. They were an impulse buy in Rome, Italy. I walked into a random little boutique just to get out of the heat and ended up leaving with these treasures.
I owe a lot to these shoes. Not only did they feel wonderful on my feet, they also pulled a lot of outfits together for me and gave my style a little extra personality. I also credit these shoes as "icebreakers" in the first conversation I ever had with my husband! In fact, I believe they were a conversation starter as he commented on them that fateful night of our first meeting.
Anyway, long story short. They completely came apart at the seams the other day as I walked out to get something out of my car. They lived a good life as far as well worn shoes go, but I miss them terribly and doubt I shall ever find another pair like them.
6 comments:
You had me scared for a minute there with that title! I mean, I am extremely sad for you. So long wonderful shoes! That makes me think of this perfect shirt that I found about a year ago. I found it at TJ Max in Merritt Island, FL. And you know how when you buy something at one of those stores, you'll never find another one again. Several months later, I was starting to wear it out and wishing I had bought a couple of them. I finally got bleach on it one day and sadly had to throw it out. A few months after that, while we were living in Mass, I went to the mall and stopped in one of those little cheapy stores, like Body Shop, and would you believe, I found that shirt!! And they also had one in another color, AND they were on sale for $7!!! I bought two in the color I had and one in black/white. I couldn't believe my luck! So you never know, you may see your shoes again!!
They are rather adorable and indeed it is a sad day. It is hard enough to find a pair of comfortable shoes, let alone the added quality of beauty. Are you keeping them as part of your romance history? This was a before picture right?I didn't see the ripped seams. If not, how in the world did you keep them so nice? Here's to hoping you find the perfect pair of Japanese shoes keeping in line with the international shoes theme!
Oh, that's a sad story. I love shoes, and it is tragic when a pair dies.
I hope you can find (not a replacement but) an equal pair of shoes in the near future.
Weird: word verification word is "menos."
Jill, I am so sorry for your loss. It truly is a sad sorrowful day when a beloved is gone.
Hugs to you!
;)
Love you.
They were super cute. Now you have another reason to go back to Rome! Bonus :)
ha ha, I agree--good reason to go back to Rome. :) But I hear there's a really good shoe repair place around here that's really reasonable. Might be worth a shot!!
Post a Comment