Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fresh Cut Flowers in Japan!

I LOVE having fresh flowers in my home. One of my favorite things about Japan is that if you know where to look - you can buy fresh cut flowers at a great price! I think flowers add so much to a home and they always brighten my day. Back in the states I really couldn't afford to have flowers very often, but here there is no excuse! I have been trying to treat my family and myself at least once a month to some flowers.
Flowers are also great for decorating and creating atmosphere! My mother helped us arrange flowers this summer for a friend's baby shower. We ended up with 5 or 6 arrangements like ones shown above for about $50.00.
Fabulous!
Do you know how much you would pay for an arrangement that size at a florist's shop??? These arrangements ended up being around $10.00

My FAVORITE part, though, is that the market I go to sells ORCHIDS. You get about 10 stems to a bundle for about $2.00. !?!??? Crazy, right??? In the arrangement above I used about 1/2 a bundle. That's right. There is only $1's worth of orchids in that vase.
This one has a more tropical vibe. I love it. Reminds me of Thailand.

These flowers are from Cliff's latest homecoming. Orchids, roses, carnations, and some Japanese flowers that I don't know the name for.
The bundles of roses were also around $2.00 with about 8 small roses to a bundle.
So pretty!
Wouldn't you buy flowers all of the time too???

6 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

So beautiful. I love them.

Denise said...

They look pretty amazing. We'll have to go flower shopping together sometime. Jeremy is obsessed with flowers. They are even cheaper in China (who would have thunk it) and we splurged all the time on massive bouquets.

Katie said...

I love Flowers! I love having live plants in the home. They are all beautiful. Ten dollars for those beautiful arrangements is amazing. In answer to your question, I would totally buy flowers all the time of they were to cheap! Another point for Japan. :)

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

so pretty! I'd treat myself all the time too! It reminds me of this flower market we went to in Chang Mai...it was Beautiful, smelled like heaven and was dirt cheap! and having fresh flowers on the table always makes me feel like i need to clean the rest of the house. thanks for sharing the lovely pics!

Anonymous said...

The picture of fresh cut roses and orchids in a vase on your log looks wonderful. You blog looks cool and it is appreciated. Iflorist.co.uk

Callicott Family said...

You have to tell me where you go to get flowers - if I'd known, I would have been there all the time. Jeremy is right too. Flowers in China are dirt cheap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails