Saturday, December 13, 2008

She's Alive!! (or clawing my way out of a hole)


Tomorrow will officially be one ENTIRE week since I last threw up! I think the end is finally here!! (knock on everything wooden within reach...) It isn't that I don't still feel a little nauseated here and there and I did gag in the shower today but the good is definitely outweighing the bad at this point. And not a moment too soon! I am over 17 weeks!! 12 weeks and you are over morning sickness my behind! It's alright, though, I am a very happy camper. I have gotten my appetite back and foods are sounding good to me again. I have gotten a little of my energy back as well and the other day I cooked, baked, sewed, AND went for a walk! This is NEWS - people! There were about 2 1/2 months where the very thought of the kitchen sent me running for the bathroom! I have found that I can eat some dairy products again so I have been eating yogurt like it is going out of style and I was even able to keep one of those silly prenatal vitamins down today!

Now that my appetite is back I am taking this eating for two business VERY seriously. I don't want to scare all of you but in the past two days I have been enjoying food and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful this is after a long "famine." We went to a Christmas party for Cliff's squadron last night and I actually had... *guilty grin* two dinners... and two deserts... I am going to try not to go overboard, but I figured that as I haven't really gained any weight yet (I had actually lost weight) it can't hurt for me to enjoy life a little. Here are some of the foods that I just can't get enough of right now:

Fruit - any kind of fruit but especially apples, pears, bananas, kiwi, strawberry, grapes, WATERMELON, etc. honestly just fruit in general. LOVE IT! I had dreams about fruit last night. Just stick me in front of any party platter and I will go to town, add a little cheese and I am really in heaven.

Yogurt - I really missed this. I wake up every morning to a banana and a yo-plait yogurt and sometimes... a second banana...

Salad - with Italian dressing. I am normally a bleu cheese girl but the tang of Italian is really doing it for me right now.

Anyway... I guess that is it for now. My fingers are crossed that this lasts!!! Oh yeah, and we made our appointment for my second ultrasound for the 29th of this month. Cliff is going to be able to come too!

Oh! I also want to give a shout-out to EVERYONE who commented on my last update and to everyone else that has been so wonderful and kind. I was feeling really lonely in my nausea and it was so nice to read all of your comments and thoughts. You guys are the best!

5 comments:

Wodin said...

Hey! Guess who has internets to the fullest once again? That's right: Me!
So here's congratulations to feeling better! I wish I knew what to get you guys for Christmas, but I am at a loss, and now I don't know if it will get there in time, and now I am getting ready to hyperventilate, and...
I nearly passed out there. Have a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

Yay for another ultrasound with Cliffy! Yay for not feeling completely horrible! Yay for Jill!

Debra/Mom said...

When you said that you liked Italian dressing right now, I was astounded! That was all I wanted when I was pregnant with Clifford. Clifford will tell you that I like my blue cheese and occasionally ranch. But with him it was Italian all the way. Weird.
Love you.

Crystal said...

whoo hoo! We are totally going to eat lunch at some point this week. I guess I need to call and set up that last VT appt. XD

Anyhoodle, just a thought, you should get a tripod so that you and Cliff can change up that myspace photo thing you guys do. :P Jk! It's cute.

Charlotta-love said...

I found your blog via Katy's. Congrats on...not throwing up anymore. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails