We've heard what the pundits had to say:
Jill: Convinced the baby was going to be a boy just because she wanted a girl and Murphy's law would indicate a boy.
Cliff: Dreamed about a boy and initially called the baby a boy but changed his prediction to "too close to call."
The Grandmothers: Obviously predicted a girl since they both had plans to make blessing gowns.
The Arm-chair Obstetricians: Twin girls because a single child does not move this early and only a girl can make one this sick.
Cliff's Dad: Too close to call.
Jill's Dad: Too close to call for most of the time, and at the last second declared victory for the pink team.
Final Tally (including anonymous voters on the blog):
Pink votes: 20
Blue votes: 15
"Too close to call": 2
Now, we find out how close democracy was to reality. We went to Yokosuka yesterday, and the ultrasound revealed:
It's a girl! Ultra sound pictures most likely to come later, once we get them scanned. She was on her tummy most of the time, so the pictures might be a little different than the typical ones, but she is certainly doing quite well and is very active.
10 comments:
I am so excited for a girl... I know you are far far away right now but I know you will eventually be back in the states (atleast I am hoping so) and we will have to visit one another with our cute little girls! and they won't be that far apart, they will be the same grade actually!
Whoooo! Hooray for girls! Congrats, and keep brewing a healthy baby!
How exciting, congrats!!! My guess was twins too. Girls are so precious, you're going to love it!
Yay! I predicted girl, too, by the way, though Kyler thought it was a boy. Or that's at least how he voted. I'm so excited for you!
yay! Congrats! I know what you mean about wanting one but not hoping for it because when you hope for it it's destined to be the other one. I'll probably be a mess of indecision when I find out I'm pregnant and anxiously await finding out the sex...
Hey Jill- my mom told me you were expecting and then I saw your link on Michelle's blog. Sorry about the whole sickness thing, but I definitely know how you feel- 20 weeks along and I am still sick. Congrats on having a girl- they are tons of fun!
yay for team pink!
I knew it would either be a boy or a girl! Congratulations!
Rebekah? yes, really good for a Gentile-Mazel Tov!
YAY for a girl! and by the way...you look very good for being prego!
Post a Comment