
I went to the famous "China Pete's" on Tuesday with a friend and This is what I got. They carry a little of everything there from fine china and a lot of Noritake and beautiful serving dishes to everyday ware vases and figurines.

I got 1 dinner plate and 4 salad/desert plates but I have a feeling I will be back for more....
I love that these dishes have a little bit of gold to them as they will go with my china that I got for our wedding. I got a really simple pattern (It's actually called Simply Anna (Anna Weatherley,)) with the plan to mix and match down the road. I think it's fun to play with different combinations, what do you think?

I got a package in the mail yesterday with some fabric I had ordered and I was so excited about it that I got my sewing machine out right away on got to work! Here are some curtains I made for one of the windows in my kitchen. I've yet to tackle the larger window but I might get started on that today. I know it's very pink but I love it and I am going to be here a lot more than Cliff is ;)

I have my sewing machine here but I didn't have any of my rulers or even any measuring tape! I had to use Cliff's leveler. How awesome is that.... I think I mostly made it work, though.
I had to start over once on the second panel because I didn't measure it correctly but it's only noticeable if you are really looking. Anyway, I am excited about these curtains. Military housing can be very sterile so anything to liven it up a little, right? Now that I have gotten my sewing machine out I CAN NOT WAIT for our household goods to get here. Of course they are coming right after Cliff leaves - but at this point I don't care. I need my rulers and my rotary cutters and the rest of my fabric!! Cross your fingers that it comes this next week!
4 comments:
Hey! Those dishes look way niftier in the photos than they did in the webcam. Though I saw more detail in the webcam... It's a coin toss, I guess. They look pretty, is what I am trying to say.
Took a second look. Now I see all the cool detail! Go me! Hooray for blondes!
It sounds like you're having a great time! SO many new things to see and do. The shopping sounds great. You're getting such beautiful things at what soiunds like good prices. So the curtain surprises me. I never would have picked it for you, but it's nice! An impressive sewing job. You're getting to be a seamstress like your mom. maybe it runs in the blood! I love and miss you!
Ok, I am a dish "fiend" -- I love dishes, all kinds -- and I really like these ones you bought at China Pete's -- wish I could spend some time in that shop! P.S. thanks for pestering Scott into getting a blog going!
Post a Comment