
What a goof.

So Cliff left this past Sunday on his first cruise. It's not for very long but it was still a little tough on both of us as this sort of the start of a new chapter in our lives. Thus far in Cliff's career in the Navy he has been in flight training and consequently he has been home almost every night. This is obviously unusual for others in the Navy. Deployments are just a fact of life. Well that hadn't been so much for us but now it has started. Cliff won't be gone long this time around but our days of seeing each other all of the time are drawing to a close. The first 4 days were rough because the ships' e-mail was down, but I finally got to hear from him last night and now I don't feel so bad. Actually I have been too busy this week to think about it that much. I have potentially picked up 5 English classes! I'm gonna be a sugar mama! Yeah... we'll see. Nights are probably the hardest time for me. It's just weird going to bed alone. I really feel for the wives that have to go 6 or more months without seeing their husbands! I don't know how they do it! I guess you just make it work. I get to stay up later now and cook whatever I want :)
I have been really lucky to have made so many friends quickly and I started driving off-base right away too so that has helped. I don't know... I seem to be doing well right now but check back with me in a few weeks ;)
5 comments:
You should call me. I would tell you funny stories to distract you.
Oh, that would be so hard! I think you've found the secret though... or at least what I have found that helps me the most... to keep yourself so busy and otherwise occupied and having fun that you don't have much time to notice him gone! Easier said than done, and I hope you're doing well Jill! Love ya, have fun exploring JAPAN!!
If you come up with any new good recipes, let me know... Kyler and I like to try things.
Jill, you're awesome and super strong. I know you can do it. You'll have good days and bad days by yourself but when he's home you won't even remember them and it'll be like the time flew by even though when you're in the middle of it feels like forever. When Rob left on his deployment I told him, six months is going to pass by whether we notice it or not. Contrary to how it may feel time is not standing still and every second is one closer to him being home. Oh, and I also loved the being able to cook whatever I wanted and watch whatever I wanted on TV. :-)
Clifford saw your potential when he married you (before actually). He knew you could be strong and independent enough to go through these separations.
We all love you.
Post a Comment