


This past Friday I went to my first big event put together by the various wives' clubs here on base. It was called the "Bad Girl Ball" in tribute to the "Badman Ball" that usually takes place around this time every year. Most of the husbands are still out to sea with the carrier so we had a ladies' night instead. Every squadron had a theme and ours was "classy Vegas." I didn't know that there was such a thing! I thought we looked great though! The Lady Warlords really pulled it off! Other squadrons were police officers, cowgirls, hula dancers, and there was even an entire squadron of Britney Spears.... which was a little much....

When we walked into the Officers' Club we had fake money that we threw in the air. Our table was decorated with poker cards and a miniature roulette table. All of the guys from the squadron had their pictures taken with a message for their wives. (See above.)

Me and Angela. Her husband went to GA tech also.

My neighbor, Nancy. She and her husband live right above us.

Some of the Ladies.
3 comments:
Classy Vegas--HA! That amuses me greatly. Also? You look hott.
What does Cliff's message say?
(Hey I had to find your blog throught the Jax Beach RS site! Yeah for that))
WOW! You look great and how wonderful to have built in friends there on the base! What an exciting life for you guys!!! Your party looks so fun! And so does your blog layout!
I am going to check out your recipe blog next. I am VERY interested, what do you eat there??? I loved the food in "Japan" when we ate there at Epcot, but I'm sure it's not the same. You must be learning soooo many new things!!!
Bytheway, your curtains are so cute!
Hey I loved the book Memoirs of Geisha. Have you read it???
MISS YOU MISS YOU!
Post a Comment