I know you have all been anxiously awaiting a post from me, so I hope this fulfills all of your wildest hopes and dreams. Today I got up at 4:15 am and went to work. Here's how work went:
5:30: I get there, fill out some paperwork that says I am safe, and the instructor asks me a bunch of questions about how the helicopter works. I answer them to his satisfaction, and we agree to meet again in a few minutes.
7:20: We go out, thoroughly inspect the helicopter for problems, don't find any, and start her up.
8:00: While starting, we discover our compasses don't work, so they have to replace the Navigation Switching Interface Unit.
8:20: We actually take off and the instructor proceeds to demonstrate, then let me fly, all these maneuvers that show what the aircraft is capable of. We flew just off the beach at 50' and waved at the people, since they are the ones that keep our tanks full. We practiced some defensive maneuvering, so I can keep our country safe from "agents of radical Islamic terror", "evildoers", and "(insert election year catchphrase here)."
10:00: We land, and I turn my gear back in.
10:30: I debrief with the instructor.
11:00: Home for lunch.
12:00: I finally convince Jill to get her last two shots so she can come with me to Japan (I bribed her with a dinner offer).
2:00: I had to take a survey at the base. It was so boring I kept falling asleep. Luckily, since I don't drink, don't smoke, don't abuse prescription drugs, don't abuse recreational drugs, don't abuse my wife, and don't cheat on my wife, a lot of the questions didn't apply, so it took ONLY an hour to complete.
3:00: I dropped off the last form for Jill's other passport (Yes, she'll have two).
3:30: I met Jill at the gym.
4:30: Finally home.
So now you know what a day in my life is like. I fly; I study; I fulfill legal requirements for moving to Japan. I'm thinking about sell the rights to PBS for a miniseries (You know, kind of like "Carrier", but about us guys who have been in the Navy for 2 years or more and have never been on a boat).
2 comments:
have you thought about who might play you in the miniseries?
i think Will Smith fits...
I think Owen Wilson would play you. Am I going comment crazy? Maybe...
Post a Comment