Saturday, May 17, 2008

STRESSSSSS or Cliff loves Jill




First off - I am so grateful for my husband and how patient and loving he is with me. I had a rough week. I subbed three times which normally wouldn't be that stressful, but it was for middle school and that as I have stated previously is just not fun. Glorified babysitting. Not even that glorified... I have to tell you though, each time I enter a classroom and every time I sign out at the end of the day my respect for full time teachers triples. It can be a thankless job at times. I always want to do my best and I have a habit of over analyzing and stressing over the smallest things. I know I shouldn't worry so much about this stuff as I am only a SUB but I have always been prone to anxiety and bouts of panic. What if I can't keep control of my class? What if a fight breaks out and someone gets seriously hurt? What if I get lost? What if I screw up the teachers' plans and get put on the "do not send" list?? Everyone of these worries is irrational but it's hard for me to realize that when I am in the moment. That's where Cliff comes to the rescue :) He has such an incredibly calming influence on me. He reminds me to pray and to breathe. He reminds me that he loves me unconditionally. He has influenced me to exercise as a means to relieve stress and I have been trying to go to the gym with him at least 4 times a week. We are trying to eat healthier (delicious salad pictured above) and get on a regular sleep schedule together and he helps me to stay on track. He helps me to focus and my goals and to follow through. He is so even keeled. A great compliment to my spaztastic persona.

So having stated how he has helped me with my subbing this week I also have to note how he has reassured me every step of the way as we prepare to leave for Japan. This week we have been trying to make some preparations for our departure and take care of some necessary requirements for overseas living. We are trying to get our cars ready to sell, plan out when we are going to actually move and when we need the movers to come. We have to break out move into three parts: The things we need immediately (brought in suitcases,) the things we need quickly - pots, pans, dishes?? I'm not really sure....., and the things we can wait a few weeks to months on, (heavy/large furniture that will be shipped by boat.) I have no idea how to divide all of this up.... The thing that has been driving me absolutely batty this week, though, is this dumb overseas screening. They want to make sure that we don't have any communicable diseases and such so we have to get certain shots. Fair enough. If you don't have documentation for EVERY SHOT YOU HAVE EVER GOTTEN, however, you have to get them ALL again. This is like... 30 shots people. The problem is that I have seen so many different doctors throughout my short life and I am having such a hard time tracking down all of these records. I KNOW I have had all of these shots and I really don't want to have to get them again if I can avoid it but after spending so much time on the phone and running back on forth from Navy Medical and the fax machine and back and forth I am almost ready to suck it up and become a human pin cushion. They even want to give me a varicella shot even though I had chicken pox when I was in kindergarten. They said "fine, can you prove it?" Huh?? How do you prove you had chicken pox?? I didn't go in to the doctor and have him sign a form or anything? Who has?? Needless to say, this has been a hassle and a headache. I wish I could just snap my fingers and be over there. On the bright side, my one doctor did finally mail me some of my records so that's like... 5 less shots I have to get. uuuuhhhggghhh....... Sorry for all of the ranting.

In other news, my painting class is over. I am still working on the painting I started during the second session but it is coming along. I'm still not sure what I want to put in the center frame along with the tree. It seems too empty to me right now.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Wow, sounds like you have a lot of things going on right now! I'm so impressed with you and the subbing!! Do you know a more exact time of when you are supposed to move yet? Keep me updated! We will miss you!!

The Magic Family said...

Congrats on moving and my condolences at the same time! I have obviously never had to move over seas and I can only imagin the added stress it would add! I hope that we will be able to see eachother somewhat soon! I still haven't met your hubby, but from what I just read, you are VERY lucky! Good Luck in all you do!!! Love Ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails