
Our hearts and prayers go out to Emily and John and their baby. John and Emily moved to Milton just a couple of months before we moved away but they both had such an impact on our lives. In those few short months we got to know John and he was such an awesome person. John was the kind of person that makes everyone feel comfortable because he was always smiling. You could just tell he loved Emily more than anything else in the world. He was so selfless and always willing to help those in need. He helped us move all of our things when we decided to try and move ourselves. We only got to get together at each other's houses a handful of times for dinner and games - but we had SO much fun when we did. John introduced us to Settlers of Catan!! It was terribly ironic to Cliff and I to be visiting my parents condo in Ft. Walton this past weekend as that was the last place that we really got to hang out with John and Emily together. We had so much fun that night. We made peanut butter cookies and burned a lot of them! and played games and laughed about the rock hard cookies and just talked. When we found out that John had gone missing and later that he had been found and that he didn't make it - it just didn't seem real. It really drives the point home that you have to let the people you love know that you love them. You can't wait until tomorrow or the next day to tell them. Some people touch our lives one day and are gone the very next. You just can't hesitate when it comes to letting your loved ones know what they mean to you.
John was loved by so many and he will be greatly missed.
We love you Emily! Be strong for the baby!
1 comment:
Oh, that just breaks my heart. I am so sorry to hear you lost a friend and I'm even more sad for your friend's family! I have a friend who just lost her husband in Iraq, 12 hours after her first son was born. I can't. Even. Imagine. Well, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and to them at this time :) We love you guys!! Jill, thanks so much for dropping a line on our blog, I had NO idea you stalked me and it made my day to be able to get a glimpse into what you're up to! Japan!! Ahhh, that will be amazing! I am so so so jealous. We want to do something sporadic and adventuresome like that as well... we'll see what happens. I'm guessing buying a home isn't the best move for a family looking to travel and live in 100 different countries and continents across the world...
Post a Comment