| The Pavilion by the water where we had the party. |
| A few of the princesses that joined us for Lilia's special day! These are some of Lilia's very best friends here in Charlottesville. |
| The Birthday girl! Lilia LOVED her Rapunzel costume and couldn't wait to put it on for the party! |
| A few decorations and some food. I wisely chose not to make the food for this party. |
| Magical golden flowers! |
Bear with me. I am still trying to figure out blogger after all of these years...
So Lilia turned three back in May and I never got around to writing about her party! We had a "Tangled" party because Lilia is pretty obsessed with Rapunzel right now. She has two Rapunzel dolls and sleeps with a stuffed Pascal at night. She used to watch the movie every. single. day. It's a rainy day fave around here. I actually really like the movie too so it is a win win and made planning this party a lot of fun!
We chose to have the party outside to accommodate wiggly toddlers and make the clean up easier. My house is ideal for book clubs. Children's birthday parties... not so much. We were able to get one of the large pavilions at Mint Springs Park right near the water and we couldn't have asked for better weather that day. It was sunny and warm. Around 75 degrees. I also chose this park because they have a nice playground in case the games I planned turned out to be lame.
I was a little disappointed that we didn't really get to celebrate Lilia's second birthday with all the chaos of last year, (i.e. moves, living with my parents, traveling, etc...) so this year I wanted to do it right! We were very lucky to have Cliff home to help and my SIL Loradona was in town to help as well. I limited myself to making cookies and cupcakes as far as food went and that turned out to be more than enough because I ended up getting strep throat AND mastitis three days before the party. Ugh. It was pretty miserable, but antibiotics had me mostly back in action by the big day. I think Lilia had a wonderful time and that was what we were going for.
| "Pin the braid on the tower" |
| homemade pinata |
| Fry pans! Who knew? |
| Lilia whackin' away |
| gorgeous day! |
1 comment:
Way cute party! Good job, mom!
Post a Comment