Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lilia Says...



Tonight Lilia is not feeling well. She is sitting downstairs with me and coughing up a lung while I try to get her to drink some fluids. For not feeling well she is still quite the chatter box...

Lilia: " Mommy I LOVE avocados! They are my FAVORITE! They are SOO yummy. They are yummy in my tummy. Mommy I can put them in my tummy with a big girl fork. Mommy I can STAB them. They are so special. I love them. Mmmm, avocados are my favorite..."

Me: "Yes sweetie. I love them too. They are good. Go to sleep."

Lilia: "Papa and Mimi are so happy to see me. Mimi loves me THIS MUCH *spreads her arms wide apart." "Mommy are you my friend?"

Me: "Of course I am your friend! I love you very much, but I am also your mommy and I need you to go to sleep."

Then she coughs and chokes on the gunk in her throat and we sip on some more water and I help her blow her nose.

Lilia without missing a beat: "Mommy you are a good mommy. Mommy I have a baby in my tummy!"

Me: "Oh you do?"

Lilia: "Yeah. Baby Ivy is in my tummy."

Me: " I think what you mean is that baby Ivy was in MY tummy. Mommy's tummy."

Lilia: "Yeah."

Lilia: "Mommy, baby Ivy is a good little sister. She is my friend. I like to play with her. Baby Ivy likes to do tummy time. I love her."

Me: "I love her too sweetie. She is a good baby Ivy."

Lilia: "Mommy I have phlegm." "It's coming out of my juice."

Me: " I know sugar bear. It's coming out of your throat. Just cough it up. It's ok."

I have already forgotten half of what she said, but it is so interesting to hear her little brain work work work. Love my Lilia :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails