Monday, January 30, 2012

Ivy's 6 Month Update

My poor forgotten child. Well, forgotten as far as this blog goes. Let's remedy that, shall we? Ivy is 6 months old today! We have updates! Kid is OUT OF CONTROL! We call her Super Baby Ivy, because - no joke - she is! Here is what she is up to:

Ivy started scooting around over a month ago and is now full on crawling on her hands and knees and getting faster every day. She can get to just about any object that she wants as long as it is on the floor. No distance is too great when girlfriend has her eye on something. Favorite toys and objects right now are Lilia's shoes, Lilia's blocks, and Lilia's sippy cups. Lilia of course is not as impressed as we are. She (Lilia,) is taking more interest in Ivy, though. She absolutely loves to play with Ivy now and calls her her little "sugar plum." I love to see them interact.

Just last week Ivy started sitting up from her tummy. She pushes herself into sitting like she has been doing it for years! She is such a pro. I never even showed her what to do! She just figures things out for herself. Very independent. She and Lilia are complete opposites in that respect. She spends all of her time sitting now when she isn't crawling to get something.

Ivy also had her first solid foods last week. We didn't bother with rice cereal. I didn't have any on hand and I have always thought that it looks and sounds gross so we skipped ahead to avocado. Ivy had been reaching for food for the last two months and she about jumped out of our arms with excitement at actually getting food this time. So the verdict? LOVE. Ivy LOVES solid foods. She ate a quarter of mushed avocado on her first go and was begging for more. We had to physically remove her from the kitchen when it was all gone so that she didn't have a complete meltdown. I think I am going to be making most of her food from now on, so it should be interesting to see what else she likes.

Lastly, for now she is talking up a storm. Her favorite thing to say is "dada" of course, but she has other sounds in the works too. I am impressed with her diction, though. She pronounces her consonants very clearly. We love to hear her sweet little voice. She is so serious when she speaks to us. We try to listen very carefully and make sure that she knows that she has our attention. She is also quick to laugh and smile. We just love our little baby Ivy. I just hope she waits a little while before she starts WALKING!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Adorable! What a smart little baby! Very impressive miss ivy! And it's the best seeing siblings interact and become friends! Cutest ever!

Linda Peterson said...

mmm, avocado is so great. it's nature's baby food! we started luke on sweet potato and avocado, and he also loved solids from the get-go. no spitting out!

i love ivy! nick and i have a complete baby crush on her. we just freak out every time we see her. what a sweet girl!

Denise said...

She is so sweet! Love those mad skills. I also can't get enough of avocado. It's not just a baby thing ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails