Friday, June 17, 2011

June Update

I am up late because I am stressed out and pissed off about some things right now, so what better outlet is there than blogging? Right? Right.

The above picture was taken about a month ago out in Utah. Cliff flew in from Japan for a whirlwind trip of car buying, house hunting, and surprise family visiting. I wish he could have stayed for longer, but HOPEFULLY he will be back stateside before too long and this time it will be for a few years. I can not even begin to express how much I am looking forward to a shore tour. I am giddy with excitement. Having my husband home every night?? What that must be like!!

I don't even know where to begin with updates... I haven't really kept track of what I have and haven't written. Too exhausting right now. Instead of coherency you get stream of conscience tonight and you will be happy with that.

Lilia is the absolute light of my (and everyone near hers) life right now. We have experienced an explosion of language this past month. She is speaking more and more clearly and stringing sentences together left and right. I was always a little worried about her speech and whether or not she was keeping up with others her age, but my concerns are gone for now. She is quite the little chatter box and says the most delightful things. Some of my favorite phrases are "Mama I love," and "Mama I ADORE you!" Does it get any better than that? Some other things she has been saying lately include:

" (fill in the blank,) I want it!"
"puppy outside? puppy in a room? puppy eat? puppy smooch? No no puppy!" (and other various "puppy phrases.") She is obsessed with dogs and my mom's and sister's dogs in particular.

"go to nursey?" (Nursery at Church.) She LOVES nursery and drags my waddling figure there every Sunday down the hall. I have to hold her back from mad dashing through the church building.

"I like it!"

"Where are you?"

"Sit mama!" "Up mama!" "Out mama!" "Night night Mama!" and many other "mama commands."

She also says to Cliff on the phone "Miss you daddy. *Smooch*" This melts me. She is just such a sweetie.



Lilia is also SUPER affectionate. I don't know if other toddlers are affectionate like she is, but man she is a little sugar pie. She loves to give hugs and kisses and pats on the back. She loves to snuggle and cuddle and we have "gobble attacks" where we kiss each other silly. I just love her to death. She makes my days and nights brighter and I feel my heart grow bigger when I am around her. I would say that the only negative to this love fest is my growing aprehension about the new baby. I am so worried that I won't have as much time for Lilia and that I will miss things. I am afraid that I won't love the new baby as much as I love Lilia. I know that most mom's feel this way at some point and they have all assured me that there is enough love to go around, but I am just loving my time with Lilia right now. Part of me doesn't want our special bond and time together to ever end. I don't want her to resent the new baby either. No stopping things now, though... we'll just have to see what happens.

In baby news... hmm....
I am still pregnant. I am 33 weeks a long and I feel like this pregnancy is moving at the speed of molasses. So freakin' slow. I'm ready to move a long. Still throwing up. Still having horrendous heartburn. Now I am short of breath and having dizzy spells as well. The midwife said that I am carrying very high and that my diaphram has no where to expand to so I'm not getting as much oxygen as I normally would. I actually blacked out for a minute the other day. She said I need to breathe deeply and make sure my posture is good to allow for as much air as possible. It's true that I don't stand up as straight as I should...

We have picked out a name. I am not revealing it online yet. You can wait a few more weeks. We are planning on having the baby up in Virginia if Cliff can get back in time for us to get up there. I will need to find a new OB stat. I am trying not to stress about these things, but who am I kidding. We will not have furniture in our new house until after the baby comes. I am trying not to stress about that either, but what pregnant woman at the end of her third trimester wants to sleep on an air mattress?? Ok so I am getting pretty complainy here... On the bright side, Cliff should be here for all of this wondrous madness and if we can make it through this summer I really think this fall will be fantastic. I am looking forward to fall in the blue ridge and our new neighborhood is just gorgeous. I am looking forward to our new ward and I am looking forward to Cliff's new job. It should be an adventure. Well... I am tired and have a lot to do tomorrow. Maybe one day I will go back and write more about the earth quake and Japan... but not tonight or anytime soon.

3 comments:

Gizelle&Chris said...

Sorry you're mad! But I'm always impressed at how positive you are even when you are "complaining"! Keeping you in my prayers, friend! Hope the time passes quickly and you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Life will work out. We'll make it work out. I love you, and I love Lilia, and I will be glad to come and see you guys in a few weeks.

Denise said...

Lilia is simply the sweetest. Totally smoochable. Sorry something has you so pissed -- I'd love to hear that story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails