Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lilia at 16 months

It's been a while since I have updated everyone on miss Lilia! Our little girl is growing up so quickly and her little personality develops more and more each day. She is such a sweet heart and a ham! She loves to perform and draws a crowd EVERYWHERE we go. There are Lilia fans all over Asia now. Recently we traveled to China and the people in Beijing couldn't get enough of her. By association Cliff and I got a taste of what it would be like to be famous. We were stopped all the time to have our pictures taken with our little blondie girl. She's a trip. Here is what she has been up to!

Princess Lilia walking around in her robe of royalty.
Lilia graduated from EDIS this week! We no longer need our therapist to come over and work with her! This means that Lilia is meeting all of her milestones including... WALKING! Lilia took her first steps about 2 1/2- 3 weeks ago and although she isn't walking everywhere yet, she is taking as many as 10-15 steps at a time and becoming more and more confident. She still doesn't push to standing in the middle of the floor, but Tara (the therapist) said that that would come with time and confidence and not to worry.

Pig tails!
Lilia LOVES shoes right now. She is already trying to put them on and when she fails she brings them to me to put on. THEN she brings me my shoes and requests that I put them on too. What a girl.


This picture is just funny
Lilia's panda from China.
Lilia monkeying around on our bed in China.
Check out that hair!
In other news and milestones,

-Lilia has lots of words now, but many of them are signed rather than spoken. Her favorite word right now is "Wow!" which she learned at the Great Wall. She loves to make animal sounds too and can now imitate a dog, cat, cow, lion, snake, elephant, and jelly fish.... we also have a fish face that we do and giraffe...(we have to get creative for some of these animals in her books.....)

- Lilia knows all of the parts of her face and ours and loves to point them out for people. She usually isn't shy about performing in public - she LOVES attention!

- Lilia loves to sing and dance and we have dance parties when daddy comes home. She also loves to watch "Elmo" and if we ask Lilia what Elmo says she will sing his theme song, ("la la la la...") She says "go go go" for Diego.

- Lilia has started some imaginary play. She pretends to talk on the phone and hand the phone to us, (often the phone is one of our remotes.) She also loves to play with her baby doll. She gives baby doll kisses and rocks her to sleep and then covers her with a blanket and pats her on the tummy! So cute!

- Lilia loves to watch airplanes and helicopters and has sounds for both. We get to see a lot of them around here.

- She is trying all different kinds of food now. She especially likes grilled cheese sandwiches and jambalaya! She also likes just about anything that we are eating EXCEPT cold squishy fruits of almost any kind. Silly kid. She does like banana, though, which is good because Cliff might disown her if she didn't.

- She is NOT sleeping well right now. I don't know if this is a consequence of teething, learning to walk, traveling, or what, but we are ready for this little bout of defiance to END! Cliff will leave again soon, and I can't be up all night!!!

- She has not gained much weight over the past 6 months or so. In fact I don't believe she has gained more than a pound or so. This is not a bad thing.

- She has learned recently how to be very affectionate. She loves to give kisses and hugs and she likes to pat us on the back too. Soooooo sweet. The other day I was upset about something and completely distraught. Lilia noticed and came over and put her hands on my cheeks and gave me some kisses. Oh she melts me! She has been so fun to take out places and most of the time she is just the best little buddy. It has been incredible to watch her grow and learn so many things in such a short time!

Don't be fooled by the silly cheeky grin. This girl is a tornado and she is up to something.
I literally walked out of a clean room for 30 seconds and came back to this.
Why bother picking up... ever? But then she smiles again and you can't help but laugh. She's our little sugar bear!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I wish I could play with you guys. She's too much fun!

JJ Happyrock said...

She's too much.. i love the blog photos and miss you guys...

Debra/Mom said...

I miss you guys so much. I wish I could see you much more. Lilia is so wonderful, you are a very lucky Mommy (and Clifford is a very lucky Daddy).
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. She is hilarious! And I can't wait to see more pictures of China!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails