Lilia absolutely LOVES her daddy. She likes to give him hugs! Cliff has been gone a week now and it already feels like a CENTURY! I miss him a ton and I know Lilia does too. Cliff has been such a fantastic father to her already. He was absolutely incredible with her and with me during Lilia's time in the hospital. Cliff would wake up every three hrs with me at night and set up the breast pump and then wait for me to finish. After I was finished he would let me go back to sleep while he washed and sterilized everything. He even set an alarm so we wouldn't miss a pumping. He is so devoted to this little family. Cliff always takes over the burping duty when he is around and he loves to hold Lilia until she falls asleep. My FAVORITE thing, though, is to hear him sing to Lilia in Spanish. We would very much like to raise her bi-lingual and I think Cliff has us off to a good start. He only speaks to her in Spanish. She stares at him so intently when he sings or speaks too. I think that is because he used to sing to her when she was inside me all the time. I really couldn't have asked for a better husband in this life and Lilia couldn't possibly have gotten a better father. We are two very lucky girls. I am so grateful for Cliff and for the sacrifices that he makes for us. I miss him a lot but I know that we are blessed to have a job right now with the way the economy is and a good job at that. Thank you Cliff! You are the best!!
2 comments:
Jill, I miss you all. I know that Clifford misses you too. You are both such good parent already.
I am counting the days (okay the months) until I see you all and get to hug you and Clifford and hold Lilia.
All my love to you.
Awwww! Cliff is cool! I just read part of this to my roommate, and she said, "I wanna marry your brother!" This is a lovely tribute.
I'll second my Mom's thoughts: I can't wait to get over there!
Post a Comment