Monday, June 15, 2009

1 Month... and what a month it has been

I'm home from the hospital!! With my Mama Gia!

Disclaimer: The following pictures are from most recent to oldest.

Guess I should have turned this around...
Getting healthier day by day
Holding daddy's hand
My daddy has the most fascinating nose!
Sleeping on the soft hospital towels
Flying in my sleep?
First day at the hospital... not such a good day.
All hooked up
Poor little sweetie :(
Before I got sick! This is my mama's favorite outfit! (She's already outgrowing it)
Don't I look cute in green?
Victorian baby
Peeling feet!
I like to sleep with my hand by my face
Happy girl!
Giving daddy a hug :)
They're related :)


So Lilia is exactly a month old today and what a fun surprise - she got to come home today! Unfortunately today was also the day that Cliff set out for his summer cruise and he didn't get to see her before he left. He did get to spend a lot of time with her this weekend, though. She will be thrilled to see him again in a few months :)

Here are some updates on our little lady:

- She is getting stronger and stronger and she lifts her head well.
- While nursing, she drinks way too fast and often chokes. This scares me half to death every time. Sometimes she will also pull away without me noticing right away and she will get sprayed in the face. This is both funny... and kind of sad.
- She is smiling! I don't care what people say - she is absolutely smiling. At first I know it was just gas but this past week she has been reacting to our smiles and smiling back. I don't have any good pictures yet, but my mom got some good ones, so I will put them up soon.
- She's has gained over a pound since birth.

I can not even begin to describe how wonderful it is to be home, but I have to say it actually was a little tiny bit sad to leave the hospital. The nurses were so sorry to see her go! They all came out to say goodbye to her and everyone cheered and clapped. It was really sweet. I have a follow up appt. next week at the hospital but otherwise I will probably never see these people again and I wish there was some way I could express my gratitude for the way they cared for my daughter. All of the nursing staff and the doctors were just incredible. The Japanese people are some of the kindest sweetest most considerate people I have ever met. I never once doubted the care Lilia was receiving at night from the nurses when I couldn't be there with her. They are going to miss "Lili chan" :)

10 comments:

Lisa L. said...

I am so glad she is doing better. We have been praying for your sweet family. She is so beautiful!

Jeanette said...

Yay! Yay yay yay! I'm so excited she's home, though slightly bummed Cliff can't spend more time with her. Such is life, eh?
But, yay!
And I want to talk to you sometime, but I don't want to interrupt sleep time or something... call me?

Krista said...

What a beautiful baby girl. It broke my heart to see her all hooked up but look at how well she handled it! All the smiles and the peaceful sleeping! She's a trooper! Please give her big hugs and kiss her neck for me :) I'm glad you're home baby Lilia! (I'm sorry, I may be spelling that wrong...) Also, Jill- I used to have the same problem nursing TMan. (He would drink too much, too fast but then he would like projectile vomit across the room! When it came to that, we switched him to bottle feeding so it was a more regulated, slow flow of milk. Not saying that's what's going to happen with you guys, I'm only saying that to let you know I've been through that too if you ever need to talk!)

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture SO much! It is hilarious.
I am also SO glad she's home! She is beautiful, and I absolutely cannot wait until I can get to Japan myself.

Kelsey and Andy said...

Congratulations- I'm glad your home from the hospital- Good luck while Cliff is gone!

Happy said...

Okay, so I need to just remember to have some tissues ready when I read your blog posts. That one made me cry too, picturing all of the nurses coming out to see your baby girl off and cheering and clapping- okay, here I am tearing up again. I can only imagine how comforting that must have been for you to know she was being held and loved and cared for by such loving people. That's amazing. And I am SO happy for you that she is home!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I bet that was the best day of your life!! She is SO cute by the way!!!
Is your mom still there?

Rob's Northrops said...

A sigh of relief. So happy all is well!! She is just a beauty! I wish that I could hold her tight. Sending you and the baby hugs and kisses from Jax!

Seth, Sara, Kyla, Owen, and Hero said...

She is beautiful, I am so glad she is doing so much better! I saw the picture of her IV in her arm, Kyla had that too, glad she is home, we miss you guys!

Emily said...

My goodness! Your last 2 posts have me in tears. Life is so frail, and losing Johnny is my biggest fear. I can barely imagine what you must have gone through. I am SO grateful that all is well and you have your sweet angel home with you now. I am sorry I couldn't pray with you since I didn't know about all this, but I will pray now in thanksgiving. Congratulations - she's absolutely beautiful.

Greg and Lara said...

Wow...I am shocked at those statistics. How wonderful that she is home and doing well. Every mother's worse nightmare...it can only go up from here, right? And I am so sorry Cliff is gone for the summer...but so grateful he was there during the first two weeks. Congrats on such a beautiful baby. (I think she's smiling too.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails