Friday, January 9, 2009

Expanding

I feel like I have doubled in size in the past two weeks... or maybe even since the ultrasound! I was feeling my tummy the other day and I shrieked because I could feel (for the very first time in my life) the bottom of my once extremely "inny" belly button! Cliff thought I'd seen a spider or something. It's like this all happened overnight!! Was it this way for any of you moms out there? Am I going to recognize myself in the mirror tomorrow morning??

In other news, I am unfortunately still pretty nauseous but I only throw up about once or twice a week now, which is much much better. Sometimes I can "mind over matter" it... by laying down. I think part of my problem is motion sickness that I have never experienced before getting pregnant. Every time I have to drive anywhere or sit on a bus for a while I definitely get sick. Did this happen to any of you? I've pretty much resigned myself to being at least a little nauseous at best for the rest of this pregnancy. At least I can cook again :)

My skin if finally starting to clear up a little bit again, but man! that first trimester or so was rough! I had worse acne than I experienced as a teenager!!

As I mentioned on Facebook... I am very aware of my "round ligaments." It's true, no one really warned me about this painful stretching... I don't want to be too graphic but along with the pain that I've had on the lower sides of my abdomen, as my mom said when she was pregnant with me, "it feels like someone kicked you in the crotch wearing a cowboy boot." Isn't my mom great? That is EXACTLY what it feels like. I went for a long walking tour of some of the shrines in Tokyo and by the end of the day I was nearly in tears and ready to collapse. After that little stint I have decided that I need to walk more so that I don't completely freeze up but that I need to take it a little slower.

Well I guess that is about it for now! Cliff leaves for another 5 weeks tomorrow. He gets to go to San Diego, (LUCKY!) for some training. I am really really going to miss him. It has been sooooooooo nice having him here to help. He has really been the model husband this holiday season and I am definitely going to have a harder time without him around. I am going to send him to Target while he is in the states to pick some things up for me. Oh how I miss Target. Those of you who live in the good 'ol US of A should NEVER take such stores for granted!!

8 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

Jill! All you have to do is mention it to me and I will HAPPILY go to Target for you. I love shopping and Target is one of my favorite.
Love you AND your tummy. :)

Happy said...

You look so cute!! And yes, that happened to me where I woke up one day and felt and thought I looked bigger. Then Jared saw me and said the same thing! It literally would happen overnight sometimes! Isn't it the coolest thing ever?!

Krista said...

Definitely woke up one morning and had grown three sizes overnight, definitely broke out worse than I did as a teenager in 1st trimester, and I have heard of soooo many people who 'get sicknesses' or even allergies and stuff just from being pregnant. Some people's bodies just don't know how to handle being pregnant so it does crazy stuff like that! Well you look FANtastic and I am so sad to hear that Cliff will be leaving again soon! But you are already super woman and I know you will make it :) Love you!

Jeanette said...

Awww, cute tummy! I'd go to Target for you, too, if you wanted. And, I love you.

Sha nay nay said...

Get Stretch mark cream! Especially since your are a tiny girl! This time the stretch marks aren't AS bad, but they're still here and the cream is actually helping!

And thanks for the name suggestions. I hope you voted!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wanna go to San Diego... You look adorable. Keep taking pics! Also, do you have pictures from the most recent ultrasound? I would love to see them.

Ashley and Ben said...

Jill, you are such a cutie... I can't wait to see more picture the further along you get. Please let me know if there is anything I can send you from target. It is hard living with out the conviniences of places such as target : ) Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know if you are ever in Oregon for a visit...we would love to hang out again.

Wallace Clan said...

Totally understand it all. The stretch mark cream is nice. It didn't make them not come but I am going to think they would have been darker without it. I also broke out way worse than I ever did before, and it hasn't changed and I am having the baby soon. So you just got lucky or I got way unlucky.

You will look different on some mornings and the absolute same for weeks. I didn't feel like I was ever going to just pop. Now I wake up and I can't see anything but belly.

But guess what we hear it's all worth it in the end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails