Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Driving in Japan

This is a picture of a pretty average size road for a residential area.

So ever since we got here and noticed how narrow the roads could be in Japan, Cliff and I wondered what would happen when two cars tried to go down a road that was really only wide enough for one....

I drove over to a friend's house tonight and she lives out in town. I got to experience this phenomenon first hand on a very steep hill. I tell ya, driving in Japan is not for the feint of heart, but if you have a little patience and a lot of courage - it can actually be a lot of fun!

I remember when I lived in Spain I thought I could NEVER drive in a foreign country. It was just too crazy and the roads were too narrow. I couldn't say that about Europe now :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Are you kidding me?!! Just looking at that causes my claustrophobia to kick in. YUCK!! Yay Jill, I give you my highest praises for braving the roads of Japan!

Anonymous said...

AUGH! This is pretty much my greatest fear ever. Ever. (Well, after cannibal pygmies and the dinosaurs with opposable thumbs).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails