
Lilia just grows more and more dear to my heart with each passing day. I just love to watch her little personality grow. She is such a sweet sensitive little cutie. Everywhere we go she smiles and waves to strangers. At church she says "hi!" to EVERYONE and even grabbed some random childrens' hands in the hallway the other day for an impromptu round of "Ring Around the Rosy." She ADORES her baby sitter that lives behind us and any girl over the age of 4. She also loves Baby Ivy. She wants to make her smile and hold her hand. She always tells me when Ivy is sad and loves to point out when "Baby Ivy is looking at you!"

Two kids are no walk in the park, but Lilia really does make it easier on me. She has recently become very independent and loves to go and play by her self in her room. She will go lay on her BIG GIRL bed and read stories for 20 min or so and never make a peep. Sometimes I go sit in there with the baby and read with her because I miss being around her! (She will go for 15-20 min regularly throughout the day.)

She is so smart. She learns so many new words every day and REMEMBERS everything. The other day I said something about tuna... maybe I was talking about dinner - I really can't remember, but Lilia said to me " Mimi feed the black kitty tuna?" My mom used to leave a can of tuna out for the feral black cat that lives in her neighborhood. I couldn't believe that Lilia remembered that from like 6 months ago! She is very perceptive and we have to be careful what we say around her because she picks up on everything. I told Cliff one night after he had gotten home from work that that particular day "had really kicked my butt." Lilia without missing a beat said "I kick mommy's butt." Oops!

She is soooo beautiful to me too. Actually I think she is just beautiful to everyone. Everywhere we go people comment on her hair and her doll-like features. I hope that she grows up to know how beautiful she is. A few months ago she started calling herself "chubby" and it broke my heart. While the pediatrician is carefully monitoring Lilia's weight because she has always been on the bigger side, we don't want her to develop a complex. Lilia eats well and we try to get her lots of exercise, but I know that she picks up on the comments that are made in her presence. It was cute for her to be "chubby" as an infant, but we have had to politely ask that our friends and acquaintances steer away from that particular word as Lilia remembers. I don't think she fully understands the meaning, but I hate to see her use it to describe herself. Instead of talking about "chubby cheeks," we say that she has "peaches and creamy" skin. That is a big hit. Apparently mommy and daddy have "peaches and creamy" skin now too - I wish!!
4 comments:
It's sad that you have to be so careful about the word chubby.
More importantly, however, she is adorable! I'm so glad you posted some photos of this cutie.
And I can attest to the fact that she picks up on everything When I was there, I called Cliff "dude" just once, and she heard and turned to him and said, "Dude!" Oops. That's my bad. (I hope she didn't retain that one!) What a funny kid.
Oh Jill! I love this post. You are such a good mom. It brings tears to my eyes.
I hung up the picture (finally) that we took of all of us in Utah. I look at it while I eat and I just love all of you so much. I keep say this I know, but I can hardly wait to see you and Clifford and the girls.
Love, MommaMay
She is beautiful! I would show off pictures of her to my co-workers, and they all agreed that she was a gorgeous little girl.
And her cheeks are beautiful, especially when she smiles. They are kissable, and she is hug-able, and I love her. I'm excited to see her and Ivy (and you and Cliff) at Christmas!
I am so glad that you are trying to curb labels early! I always had an issue with my weight and people were so mean with their "cute" little comments. She is adorable in every single way.
Post a Comment