
So most of my readers are already aware that I am with child from my announcement on Facebook. For those of you that missed it... SURPRISE!

On to the next item of business, many of my friends have been asking me how I am feeling and I have avoided the question like the plague. I can't avoid forever, though, so here it is short and sweet. I have been diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum with this pregnancy. I should have been with Lilia too. I don't want to complain because Cliff and I are extremely grateful to be pregnant and are thrilled to be parents again... I just wouldn't wish this method on my worst enemy. Now fortunately I have not had to be hospitalized like many women with HG. I am on the lower end of the spectrum. I did have to go to the E.R. for I.V. fluids when I couldn't keep even water down, but that has only happened once and I am now on some medication that is... sometimes a little helpful. I still throw up frequently and I have trouble eating and drinking enough, but I know that at the very least this will end with the birth of a baby and at best may go away in a month or so (with Lilia I started to feel better around 20 weeks.) My heart truly goes out to women that have it worse than me and there ARE women that have it much worse than I do.
Cliff and I were aware of the possibility of me being extremely sick again so we tried our best to plan the bulk of the pregnancy during times when he would not be deployed and could help me out with Lilia. We have been very blessed that he has only deployed twice since we discovered I was pregnant and for the most part he has been home and a TREMENDOUS help to me. He wins the father of the year award for tirelessly cleaning, cooking, shopping, working, and caring for Lilia. Honestly, he deserves the mother of the year award too. I have only changed a handful of messy diapers since he has been home and he has been waking up with Lilia, feeding her, taking her to the park, playing with her, bathing her, and putting her to bed while I sit on the couch with my spittoon and try not to barf. I am sooooooo grateful for him and all that he does for us. I am also grateful for the blessing of him being here and how flexible his work schedule has been of late. Tender mercies of the Lord for SURE!

In other news, Lilia is practicing away at her new role. She has no idea what that role is... but she is practicing whether she realizes it or not!

She is such a sweetie bear and on days where I just want to cry and give up... but I can't afford to spare the moisture, she makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

I love this little munchkin and can't imagine life without her. Having Lilia was the best decision that I have ever made and I have never regretted it. She is without a doubt the very reason I was willing to have another one.

So my due date is August 5th. We are supposed to be PCSing in August... whoops! This just means that I will most likely be returning to the States in May or June and will probably deliver the baby in Atlanta. Hopefully Cliff will make it back in time! It wouldn't be a May baby without a little excitement and drama, right??

Here is the link for HG. Please tell your friends and family. It's heartbreaking how many doctors don't treat for this disease and how many women are brushed aside because of ignorance.
http://helpher.org/index.php
4 comments:
Sorry to hear you are soooo sick, but what exciting news!
Jill, I love you! And I am so proud of Cliff for being a good husband and dad. And I must say thanks for putting up new pictures of Lilia. I love them! I just want to smoosh her cheeks! I can't wait to see you guys again. Congrats, and think happy thoughts... no puking!
OH MY GOSH!! I am always behind!! Congrats!! I'm so excited for ya'll!! Yea baby #2!!!
Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I am so excited for you!! I'm so sorry that you have been so sick, again! Poor girl! You are obviously tough and are able to keep your eye on the goal- this too shall pass!
Congrats again! I can't wait to hear what you're having and to hear that you're feeling better!!
Post a Comment